Do you have what it takes to enable the future of energy? Northvolt is right now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for Li-ion battery cell development to join our team and be involved in the development of Prismatic and Cylindrical cells. You will be given the opportunity to develop li-ion battery cells, tooling, jigs, equipment etc. as well as being a part of building one of the first European large-scale lithium-ion battery factories.
We are searching for a Mechanical Cell Design Engineer (Entry Level) with experience of developing li-ion battery cells but can also have similar experience in designing products from a mechanical perspective and its challenges.
Having a good understanding of production processes and have a proven record of taking part in the full development of products is a qualifying experience, including designing manufacturing tools and equipment.
At Northvolt we work tightly together with a low level of hierarchy and we encourage different backgrounds and level of experience. What we all have in common is that we are bold, passionate and in whatever area we are working in, we do it with excellence towards a greener and more sustainable future!
Do you have what it takes to be a part of our team?
· Developing lithium-ion battery cells for Energy Storage, Electric Vehicles and other applications
· Plan, organize, direct and follow up on project related testing activities
· Ensure delivery of the project activities and interact with Supply Chain, Process Engineering, R&D Labs and Northvolt Battery System unit etc.
· Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between customers and Northvolt's internal stakeholders
· Develop and review mechanical drawings and models with computer aided tools
· Drive and lead internal and external design reviews within the mechanical and structural analysis area and include your findings to create better products
· As a junior engineer, proactive support for senior engineers is be required.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile. Full time employment, fixed salary. The role requires travelling within Europe and to Asia.
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.