Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Continuous Improvement Leader to join our bold team in Västerås. In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
The Continuous Improvement Leader will drive a continuous improvement mindset and build capability to embed CI methodologies and tools across all levels of the production organization using a hand on, partnering & coaching approach. The Continuous Improvement Leader will be accountable for shaping the department approach to continuous improvement through the Northvolt Production systems framework, tools and methodologies.
The incumbent should be highly analytical and experienced with project coordination, using their problem-solving skills to foresee obstacles and provide information to support decisions. The role will also be required to be a coach to operation team, builds a healthy environment to have open communication to support daily improvements within production.
The role will participate in the development and training of Northvolt Production Systems and related methodologies and standards. The role will be in charge of coaching, deploying and driving Lean principles, methods and standards in the manufacturing environment as well as the support practices. And also developing and executing the Production System and Lean implementation Roadmap with department and site management.
In general, you have a deep understanding of Lean principles in the manufacturing environment and can observe value stream waste and drive Lean methodologies for waste removal.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Display a commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
· Responsible for coordination of Northvolt Production System within department and Labs with their counterparties in other areas and working closely with Operations Excellence Manager.
· Responsible for training small operational in Northvolt Production System, Problem solving, 5S, Value Stream Mapping and follow-up of knowledge levels.
· Establish work measurement programs and analyse work samples to develop work load utilization standards.
· Develop standard work principles and ensure high level of understanding and implementation, e.g. SOPs/Wis, processes, one point lessons etc
· Leads & tracks continuous improvement for assigned area (e.g. System CIP Workshops, System CIP Management Review etc.)
· Prepare data visualisation for System CIP Workshop (1x/quarter)
· Support on pipeline feeding from the area
· Participate in weekly meeting for Continuous Improvement Rounds with other CIRs
· Implement & train people on lean principles in shopfloor
· Ensuring planning and systematic approach on 5S related topics for responsible areas
· Developing and maintaining tools and templates to support the framework with in Northvolt CI team together with Site & CI leadership.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
· A Bachelor of Science in Industrial engineering, engineering or similar
· Specific Lean training
· More than 3 years experience in manufacturing
· More than 1 years experience in Lean teams, or similar
· Six sigma education, Brown Belt preferred
· Experience with production systems
· Curious, technically educated and with a strong business background
· Must have worked in multi-cultural environment
· Experience and interest in manufacturing industry is a plus
· Experiences in 5S, SMED, Standard work, VSM, Takt, etc.
· Excellent in setting up and leading training
· Excellent in leading processes like problem solving
· Excellent coaching skills
· Highly organized and result-driven
· Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
· Excellent in Lean philosophies and related methodologies
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.