Northvolt has an exciting job offer for an Operational Excellence Manager to join our passionate team in Västeras.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
The Operational Excellence Manager will lead and participate in the development, implementation and training of Northvolt Production Systems and related methodologies and standards. You will be in charge of coaching, deploying and driving Lean principles, methods and standards in the manufacturing environment as well as the support practices. You will be in charge of developing and executing the Production System and Lean Implementation Roadmap with Northvolt LABS.
In general you have a deep understanding of lean principles in the manufacturing environment and can observe value stream waste and drive lean methodologies for waste removal.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Responsible for coordination of Northvolt Production System with other plants, central functions and with the internal operations team, leading this development
· Responsible for training and creation of training material for general Lean training, training in Northvolt Production System, Value Stream Mapping and follow-up of knowledge levels
· Coach operations organisation on lean thinking and support where needed
· Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop labor utilization standards
· Develop collective lean tool box, i.e. 5S, SMED, Takt, Kanban and flow etc and assure instruments are available to lean project participants.
· Develop standard work principles and ensure high level of understanding and implementation, e.g. SOPs/Wis, processes, one point lessons etc
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, a very good team player and challenges solutions and ideas. We search for a person who has a hands-on attitude and has already designed and implemented lean practices for a whole organisation. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Operational Excellence Manager is a vital member of the Operations team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Starting date is ASAP.
· A Bachelor of Science in Industrial engineering, or similar
· Specific Lean training
· More than 10 years experience in manufacturing
· More than 5 years experience in Lean & Six Sigma or similar (Design of Lean Waves, Kaizen Workshops etc.)
· Experiencing in designing and building a lean culture in a large organisation
· Six sigma education
· Experience with production systems
· Curious, technically educated and with a strong business background
· Must have worked in multi-cultural environment
· Experience and interest in manufacturing industry is a plus
· Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
· Excellent in Lean philosophies and related methodologies
· Hands On Experiences in 5S, SMED, Standard work, VSM, Takt, etc.
· Excellent in setting up and leading training
· Excellent coaching skills
· Highly organized and result-driven
Personal success factors
· Has the ability to take decisions even in the face of uncertainty
· Is visionary and contributes to push beyond conventional wisdom
· Challenges solutions and ideas
· Very good team player, contributes with passion and energy
· Extraordinary motivation skills & inspirational personality
· High level of grit, morale and can endure working many hours
· Deliver on expectations and promises
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.