About This Role
You will be at the forefront of critical new relationships with clients from top tier and well known brands to small to medium business across multiple industry categories. You will handle the full cycle of business development, including using both established techniques and innovative ways to identify, nurture, qualify and execute business development opportunities across the Meltwater product portfolio.
Our clients are typically in the Public Relations, Communications, or Marketing departments, and because Meltwater is a service that can value-add to businesses across all industries, you will get exposure to organizations of all shapes and sizes, helping you improve your business acumen with every step of the way.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone self driven, energetic and creative and want to develop their career at a global SaaS business, with a vision to create a strong APAC footprint and pioneer a new software category for businesses. Also it is for those want to work with highly motivated, fun, hunger to succeed sales professionals that take pride in landing new customers, running strategic sales cycles and challenge existing norms within our industry, and act not only as a Meltwater product expert but as an extension of our clients' team, consulting on long term business objectives and developing strong professional relationships.
We provide full training allowing you to build your knowledge, industry expertise, and become a trusted partner to our clients.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for driving Meltwater’s revenue growth through consultative sales and acquisition of new clients
- By staying on top of the news, social media, business announcements and marketing campaigns, direct prospecting, and in house marketing campaigns to generate leads and new business opportunities
- Proactively outreach clients’ business executives over email, phone, Linkedin and wechat to learn about their business and challenges, they are mainly the executives or senior directors at the department of marketing, PR, investor relation, product
- Consult with companies on how they use news and social media data to inform strategy and decision making, assess their buying interest, pitch relevant solutions either through online demonstrations or in person meetings, negotiate the pricing and T&C and close the deal
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above monthly quota results
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey to help them understand how Meltwater can help drive their business goals and objectives
- Diligently update our internal sales systems to stay current on leads and follow ups
- Deliver a best in class client experience from the beginning of contact through onboarding stage
- Diligently keep informed of product developments, competition and industry trends to stay ahead of the curve
The perks of working with us!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 20 paid holidays + 1 day of birthday leave, on top of that, we have compassionate leave, personal leave, special leave, and other types of personal time off to make sure you have a great work-life balance
- Get the real responsibilities from DAY 1!
- Gym merbership
- Fun, ambitious, and international working environment
- Immerse yourself in the cutting-edge social media intelligence technology
- Various online and offline training programs with a focus of employees’ personal career development
- Well stocked kitchen
Skills & Requirements
We would love to see…
- University Degree with strong academic results
- 1-2 years sales/business development/client facing experience
- Desire to work in a result driven sales environment
- A regular consumer of the news / media
- International exposure for full time work/internship or study would be ideal
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Have a strong history of being the best at whatever you have done in the past
- Entrepreneurial mindset - no challenge is too great, no task too small; ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Vibrant and energetic attitude with natural leadership qualities
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to work confidently, both independently and in a team
About the company
With 20 years of experience in the field of online media monitoring, Meltwater is a global leader in media intelligence and social analytics SaaS solutions - helping to bridge the gap between Public Relations, Communications, and Marketing departments with an all-in-one solution powered by AI-driven insights. Through Meltwater's platforms, our clients are well equipped to stay on top of billions of online conversations and extract relevant insights - allowing them to strategically manage their brands and stay ahead of their competition. Over 30,000 of the world’s most respected brands rely on Meltwater to help inform their marketing & communications strategies and executive decision making. With over 55 offices and 2,000 employees worldwide, Meltwater is a truly global partner offering best-in-class support through our local customer success teams.
Our Belief in People
For almost 20 years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Our motto? When you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. There are 2,000 members of the Meltwater family residing in 55 offices across 25 countries around the world. No matter what office you’re in, you’ll be surrounded by the best colleagues you’ve ever had.
Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit through our 3 core values - Moro (fun), Enere (number one) and Respekt (respect). These founding principles stem from our Norwegian roots and are why Meltwater has been named a Great Place to Work in several markets across the globe. We have high energy, open concept offices that thrive on teamwork and collaboration. We ensure our employees have easy access to management and learn quickly from those around them.
At Meltwater, the average isn’t good enough. Our goal is to build a groundbreaking company where our people aspire to exceed their personal expectations. We only promote our leadership team from within the company, and our goal is to facilitate your long-term professional growth.
We keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive within every team and every department — delighting in hard work and relishing the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it. __ __
Our values are at the core of our culture, and they can be summed up by the acronym MER, which means morein Norwegian. These values are our commitment to our employees and our customers.
- Moro [‘mo(·)ro]
Norwegian for “Fun.” We believe that in order to become successful as a whole, we should all enjoy ourselves. That’s why we promote a fun, collaborative working environment.
- Enere [‘e nðr’e]
Norwegian for “Number One.” At Meltwater, average isn’t good enough. Our goal is to build a groundbreaking company supported by a thriving culture in which our people aspire to exceed their personal expectations.
- Respekt [re’spekt]
Norwegian for “Respect.” We believe it matters how a company or an individual becomes number one. Striving to be the best doesn’t mean sharp elbows: we should all treat our colleagues and customers with respect and humility.
- MER An acronym for Moro, Enere and Respekt, which creates the Norwegian word “More.” We celebrate our victories without losing our drive to improve — whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones. Though simple on the surface, our values guide us in everything we do, from how we prioritize our objectives and make decisions to how we clarify expectations and measure our success.
Visit our Careers Page and find out more!