Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Mechanical Engineer to join our stellar team in Stockholm.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
Key responsibilities are but not limited to:
· 2D Engineering Drawing creation and updates of 3D Parts
· Bill Of Material creation and maintenance in PLM system
· Tolerances analysis and material selection for Battery Module and Battery Pack Component
· 3D Part Design, and design updates of Battery Module and Battery Pack Component
· Technical Specification and definition of Battery Module and Pack Components
· Supplier technical support for component requirements
· Hands on support with prototype builds
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Development or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
· CAD SW and engineering drawing knowledge, NX/TeamCenter is a plus
· Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
· Highly organized and result-driven
· An eye for detail
· Proactive and goes beyond expectations
· Exceptionally good negotiation and problem-solving skills
· Has a can do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
· Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
· Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
· Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
· Passionate & purpose driven
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.