Northvolt is looking for a Test Engineer to join the Northvolt Automotive Module and Vehicle Integration team. As a part of our endeavour to make excellent products, we need people like you to push our batteries to the limit. Break them, crush them, shake them, flood them, drop them, put them on fire…, your imagination – and the validation plan – are the limits.
Our design team spends countless hours painstakingly designing battery modules to the smallest detail. Basically, you will have the fun role to try and prove them wrong. Make them fail and they will thank you, although possibly not immediately. If as a kid, you regularly broke your toys by exceeding “normal use conditions”, or if your favourite YouTube channel is “Will it break/blend/melt/burn…”, then this role might be the one for you.
Your mission will first be to create test cases for our battery design and production validations along with our other engineering groups. You may then proceed to the fun part on our designated products, either in-house or at 3rd party facilities (populated with people just like you), before proceeding to reporting, analysis and improvement proposals.
A word of caution, safety is paramount at Northvolt. You will need a strong safety awareness to keep the damage limited to the tested product.
So, do you have what it takes to become part of our team and build up the test function? What defines us at Northvolt is our boldness, passion and excellence – if you’re someone that happens to apply these values at work every day, then this job might be for you.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Analysis, verification & validation work at battery system, component and material level.
· Creation of verification & validation methods & specifications
· Plan, arrange, and coordinate Li-ion battery testing on cell, module and full system level
· Set up and develop Northvolt battery test environment, both at external test partners and our in-house R&D facility
· Develop the technology roadmap for a battery testing platform within the team
· Propose design improvements to ensure our products and your pleasure lasts longer next time
The person we are looking for is self-driven, strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story to change the future of energy and see actual results of your work throughout Europe (and beyond!).
The Test Engineer is a vital member of the Automotive module and Vehicle Integration team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy. The position is situated in Västerås with some travels to be expected.
Apply with CV and cover letter in English or your complete LinkedIn profile. A book of your most beautiful thermal runaway tests is also accepted.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or similar
· Min 3 year testing experience on Li-ion battery modules and/or packs.
· Hands-on person and ready to build up modules on the test bench
· Experience working with standards and certifications for Li-ion batteries
· Experience with quality processes within Automotive sector
· Coordinating skills
· Experience in multi-cultural environment is a plus
· Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish or German is a plus
· Passionate & purpose driven. We trust you to make sure our products are the safest!
· Highly organised and good planning skills.
· Continuous learner in interdisciplinary environment
· Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
· Ability to have strong empathy with design engineers when announcing a test failure.
Qualities that we cherish are passion, flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humour, and a willingness to change the world for the better with a few booms on the way.
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
4 semaines de vacances / 4 weeks of vacation
Journées maladie illimitées / Unlimited sick days
Programme de parts / Employee Stock Option Program
RPDB / DPSP
Compte Frais Employés / Employee Spending Account
Télémédecine / Telemedicine
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.