Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Network Engineer to join our passionate team in Vasteras and Stockholm. In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
As a Network Engineer you will be designing, implementing, and managing communication networks used throughout Northvolt’s offices and factories. In this role you will get the opportunity to work with some of the cutting edge technologies and latest developments in the field of enterprise networking, data center and private&public cloud networking and industrial networking. It is a unique opportunity to work in design, implementation and management of networking solutions that not only integrate/span across these multiple domains but aim towards full automation ("network as a code") of the complete network infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support or lead requirements gathering discussions with stakeholders across multiple business units
- Support project implementation from requirements gathering, to building and deploying our networking infrastructure
- Plan and support management of the network and its services
- Coordinate vendors involved in implementing, and supporting our networks
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. You will be vital member of the Automation & IT team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary. Planned starting date is asap.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in network and information technology
- Experience implementing communication networks for complex WAN/LAN architectures and cloud networks
- Experience working with Cisco family of products is a plus (not mandatory, we will consider equivalent experience)
- Experience working with Industrial Ethernet or any deterministic Ethernet protocols
- Familiarity and/or experience with software defined networking
- Experience in telecommunications vendor selection/negotiation
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry is a plus
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
- Highly organized and result-driven
- Proactive and goes beyond expectations
- Exceptionally good problem-solving skills
- Has a can do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new
challenges, grit and a sense of humor
- Passionate & purpose driven
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.