Northvolt is looking for experienced engineers to join a growing team focused on cylindrical cell production. In joining the team, you will play a critical role at the intersection of product development and manufacturing by transforming cell designs into tangible products at high volumes. We are looking for new team members with automation, mechanical or manufacturing backgrounds who enjoy the challenge of driving solutions to difficult problems in a fast paced environment.
Northvolt's manufacturing engineers are key players in helping Northvolt enable the transformation to a carbon free society, and this is your opportunity to take part in leading those efforts. Our Manufacturing Engineers are experts in multiple areas such as design for manufacturing, product and equipment prototyping, technology selection, equipment design, equipment installation, equipment validation, process optimization, vendor management and new product industrialization. You will be responsible for interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to help deliver solutions in the most effective way possible.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing feedback to cell design teams on product feasibility, design for manufacturing and equipment constraints
- Leveraging supplier knowledge to improve both product and equipment performance
- Defining, commissioning and maintaining world-class technology solutions designed in-house or sourced from vendors around the world
- Delivering consistently high quality products in a large scale, fully automated production system
- Optimizing production processes and parameters through DOEs to contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Team player who can contribute experience to the broader team and encourage other members to work at their best
- Passionate about pushing the envelope of what is possible in high volume manufacturing
- Ability to tackle unfamiliar technical problems by uncovering new resources to improve team knowledge and drive solutions effectively
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.