The Scrum Master is the key reference in a project following an agile framework as the Scrum methodology. He/she ensures the global understanding of the methodology by the Project Team and helps the team to maximize the project’s result. He/she protects the team for internal and external distractions.
The Scrum Master ensures the proper use and application of the Agile Methodology and coaches the Project Team along with the business lines and stakeholders, explaining which interactions with the team are helpful and which not.
- Set up and facilitate the Scrum ceremonies (Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review, Sprint Planning, Retrospective) and other meetings
- Schedule and follow the key steps of the methodology
- Guarantee a smooth use of the Scrum methodology and help the Project Team face any obstacles
- Provide assistance or support to the Product Owner concerning the Product Backlog
- Assist and support the team in the delivery of the Definition of Done (DoD), Sprint Backlog, etc.
- Track team capacity and velocity metrics for planning and progress purposes
Project methodology and Coaching
- Coach and challenge the Project Team
- Help the Project Team face any difficulties and promote its gradual self-organization
- Remove barriers to team effectiveness and protect the team from outside distractions
- Ambassador of agile methods within the company
- Provide to his/her superiors a reporting on the proper deployment of the Scrum methodology within projects
- Risk & issue management
An "Agile mindset" implies:
- a positive attitude and pragmatism
- thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behavior. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
- There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
- Team player
- Sound knowledge of English as well as (at least) one local language (Dutch or French).
- The function requires you to be a permanent resident of Belgium
About the company
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get The Future You Want | www.capgemini.com