What is a Typical Day?
You will be working as part of the Professional Services Center of Engineering organization. You will work on global projects with backend software developers, quality engineers, technical writers and architects. Our teams comprise of passionate customer-oriented team players. You will be responsible for the entire project lifecycle – from pre-sales, through software development and post implementation support.
- Be part of an integrations and extensions team that works in collaboration with management, professional services, and R&D teams.
- Lead the execution of WWCoE integrations and extensions projects towards successful completion.
- Clear obstacles and establishing an environment where the team can be effective.
- Analyze customer requirements, facilitate and deliver technical solutions based on VMware technologies.
- In collaboration with technical team members prepare estimates and budgets for execution.
- Develop and track detailed project plans, schedules, dependencies, critical paths.
- Effectively collaborate with project stakeholders.
- Clearly communicate with customers and upper management any risk areas; come up with risk mitigation plans.
- Define estimates and plans for software delivery in conjunction with the team.
- Adhere to the internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, and so on.
- Onboard new members and mentor junior members with the day to day project activities (time logging and submission, project specific execution workflow, task assignment, interactions and etc.).
- Build and maintain confidence of colleagues and customers.
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line.
- Help document best practices and lessons learned in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by the team, customers and partners.
- Present custom solutions and articulate how business requirements are met to all levels of customer resource, from operators and consumers to highest management staff.
- Secure and assign resources per project needs.
- Participate and represent the organization in pre-sales and marketing activities.
- Proven success leading projects in fast-paced, growing organization environment.
- Deep (hands-on) knowledge in software development process. Excellent understanding of software development and project management fundamentals.
- At least 3 years of experience as a project/program manager, professional services manager or consultant, preferably with an Internet, Cloud or “Big 4” consulting organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision and with proactive, goal-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity and performance management and tuning; storage and network management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English language: speaking, reading, and writing.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
Considered a plus
- Prior experience working with Atlassian Jira / Confluence / Tempo / Portfolio / Changepoint.
- Minimum 3 years of professional programming experience with one of the following OOP languages: Java, C++, C#, and/or TypeScript.