Northvolt is right now looking for a new teammate to join our manufacturing team in Stockholm as a Prototype Technician / Engineer! You will work closely with the Manufacturing Engineers with supporting engineering activities related to product design, prototyping and process development. A few of the responsibilities is to support basic engineering activities under the direct supervision of the R&D Engineer such as, building equipment, products, fixtures, etc. Experience in hands on activities is a must and knowledge in fabrication is desirable.
Education & Experience
· 4+ years in prototype environment, manufacturing or maintenance context with proven hands-on experience.
· Technical education or relevant experience (Engineering degree for proto engineers)
· Experience with fixtures, one of machines, tooling etc.
· General machining knowledge (NC-Machines, drill press, welding, CNC)
· CAD/CAM (NX/Gibbs CAM/Igems or similar)
· Read drawings.
· Electrical assembly.
· Excellent relationship with engineers, including 3rd party partners and customers.
· Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus.
· Has a can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
· Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
· Ability to work in a high profile and often high-pressured international environment.
· Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
· Passionate & purpose driven
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.