As a Java/Golang Software Engineer with a DevOps mentality you know there’s no such thing as “it works on my machine”.
Lendo is one of the most successful Fintech companies in the Nordics and we are now expanding the Lendo concept into new countries. Do you want to take part in this extremely fast-paced and exciting journey?
What you tell your friends you do:
I am a developer at Lendo, where I´m enhancing proven products and establishing new within the loan comparison, account services and payment areas.
What you will really be doing
- Develop microservices either in Java or Golang
- Use a modern technology stack such as Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ and PostgreSQL.
- Build software that is used by thousands of Norwegian consumers weekly and as part of Lendo Global - launch new markets and new products
- Optimize microservices and make them reusable for Lendo in multiple countries.
- Share your knowledge with your colleagues in Norway and Sweden, discuss how to meet and solve country-specific requirements.
- Write tests at different levels to ensure your code really does what you want.
- Identify and keep track of metrics that tell you how your software is performing.
- Make improvements to the deployment pipeline to ensure smooth and frequent releases.
- Be creative and brainstorm ideas for ways we can further streamline our development process.
Team & How you will be working
- You’ll become part of an international, agile, multidisciplinary team that loves to discuss and solve problems in the group.
- You bring your own unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your goals.
- Prioritize work with the team and its Product Manager
- You experiment, test, try, fail and learn all the time - one thing at a time.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way. You don’t ignore the lessons learned, however - even those learned by others.
Skills and requirements
- You’re smart and can find ways to show us.
- You have good knowledge in some development languages. Preferably Golang or similar language. Also, you should be eager to become an awesome Golang developer.
- Code reviews and unit tests are natural parts in your daily work.
- You take automation over documentation any day of the week.
- You are familiar with tools like; Travis, Docker, Kubernetes, Git.
- You have interest and experience with Machine Learning is a plus
- A place for everyone - You are welcome at Lendo for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our product is for everyone, and so is our workplace!
- Be a part of the biggest media house company in the Nordics, Schibsted with endless possibilities.
- An inspiring workplace with professional development opportunities, internally through Schibsted Learning Lab or externally through e.g. Javazone
- Awesome colleagues in Lendo Norway that enjoys playing Mario Kart, doing team activities and have fun parties, in addition to a wider network of colleagues in Lendo Global
- Office at Tøyen Torg centrally in Oslo together with other Schibsted Next companies like Prisjakt, Let’s Deal, Mitt Anbud and Kickback
- To help you keep your money, we also chip in on your pension and give you extra Schibsted shares for free if you join our share saving plan.