The electrification of the Automotive industry and the use of batteries in industrial and energy storage applications are some of the most extensive and disruptive industry transformations ever. Northvolt leads this change and aims to become Europes leading battery company and set new benchmarks for sustainability and CO2 footprint.
As a Director of Project Management for Industrialization, you get the opportunity to drive this transformation and make a direct impact on the future of industry.
The Industrialization organization at Northvolt coordinates and executes the end to end activities required for Northvolt industrialization. This includes the establishment of factories and processes for enabling highly efficient delivery of products to customers. We are now looking for the Director to our Industrialization Project Group.
The Director of the Industrialization Project Group leads and develops a team of Industrialization project managers with the responsibility to execute the industrialization part of our customer projects. The Industrialization Project Group additionally have the responsibility of supporting the Industrialization organization in developing and monitoring its performance for continuously improving the organization’s ability to deliver increased value through efficient execution.
Within this role you will get the chance to have a real and sizable impact on our success story and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen.
You are preferably based in Västerås and divide your time between our offices in Stockholm and Västerås. The position also includes regular travel to our site in Skellefteå
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the design, development and execution of the Industrialization Project Group function
• Responsible managing and controlling the Industrialization projects and the Industrialization project portfolio in terms of scope, time, cost, quality including the appropriate governance
• Develops an Industrialization project toolbox for continuously baselining best practices and efficiency
• Responsible for supporting the Industrialization organization in its organizational development through continuously developing effective and low administrative ways of measuring and visualizing performance and increasing its efficiency through improved ways of working
• Responsible for supporting the Industrialization organization in document management and organizational compliance with appropriate standards
• Hires, grows and develops a team of highly technically skilled people
The candidate we are looking for has proven leadership skill, is highly structured, strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn.
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!
Västerås +2 more