About Northvolt Poland:
Northvolt Poland (Northvolt Battery Systems Jeden) is the facility to build battery modules and energy storage solutions located in Gdańsk, Poland. It consists a state-of-the-art production facility and R&D center. Gdansk is home to a cluster for the electromechanical industry and it has proximity to a strong supply chain ecosystem, labor markets and end-customers in continental Europe. As of spring 2019, Northvolt Battery Systems Jeden has entered production and is ramping up to 10,000 modules/year. The capacity will be expanded gradually over the following years as Northvolt ramps up its production of battery cells in Sweden.
We are currently looking for sr. h/w engineer to be the supportive force that empowers our international battery systems design engineering team. In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in taking part of developing li-ion battery systems to the electromobility and energy storage system applications. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
• Designing, developing, reviewing and testing of HV battery electronics and systems;
• Evaluation and developing the technology roadmap for a battery testing platform and test equipment within the team;
• Designing and evaluating electrical systems, electronic circuit boards, components, and applications, including schematic design, component selection, and PCB layouts;
• QA of product by performing worst-case circuit analyses, as well as designing testing methods and testing the components, circuits, and complete PCBs
• Following full lifecycle of product development process;
• ASIC/IC design and component selection;
• Lead the integration of hardware and software by working closely with firmware/embedded software engineers in the team;
• Ensure product robustness and reliability and support efforts to verify supplier quality.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. EE, ME, CS);
• 3 - 5 years of experience in electrical engineering, automotive/battery industry is a plus;
• Hands-on skills in PCB layouts and schematic circuit simulation;
• Expert in analog, digital and power electronics, including noise issues, power handling on PC boards and isolation;
• Good knowledge of power semiconductors, microprocessors, DC-DC power supplies and communication circuits as well as EMC/EMI design practices;
• Familiarity with CE, UL, ISO 26262, AEC-Q standards;
• Problem-solving aptitude;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Time management and organization skills;
• Fluent English.
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!