We are looking for junior developers to join our crawling team to work on web crawler development for PriceEdge Collect, our competitor price monitoring project.
Are you interested in building web crawlers harnessing our platform, which powers crawls of over 100 million pages a month?
The PriceEdge Collect platform has been growing tremendously over the past couple of years but there are a lot of big projects waiting in the pipeline, and in this role, you would be a key part of that process.
- Design, develop and maintain web crawlers
- Leverage the PriceEdge Collect platform to perform distributed information extraction, retrieval and data processing
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues with distributed crawling at scale
- Help identify, debug and fix problems
Skills & Requirements
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of software development experience.
- Python knowledge.
- Good communication in written & spoken English.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting and processing data (e.g. Scrapy, NLTK, pandas, scikit-learn, mapreduce, nosql, etc).
About the company
Price Edge is developing the dream pricing software - a cloud-based price optimization & management tool for enterprises, that give them access to new pricing strategies and more flexibility than ever before. Price Edge is working with many of the largest brands in the world and we have recently started to ramp up our global growth. We are a young, energetic team pursuing the vision of building a global B2B SaaS company that will fundamentally change the way enterprises work with pricing.