Are you searching for an exciting editorial and product development opportunity in the publishing industry? Look no further!
The IglooBooks Group (part of Bonnier Books UK) has a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, ultra-organised and creative Editor to join its wonderful publishing team, working on their adult list, based in rural Sywell in Northamptonshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of titles across our publishing list for global markets. Working with the Head of Publishing and a design partner, you will be managing and editing projects in multiple formats, as well as assisting with the creation of the publishing programme, including new product development.
This is THE perfect position for an experienced editor looking to develop their editorial, mentoring and list management skills, while having a great time working with our friendly team on our brilliant books.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Project manage books in partnership with a publishing partner, making sure key milestones are kept to and final files are supplied on time
• Research, write, copy-edit, proofread and sign off a wide range of books across a variety of formats and novelties, to make the best product possible
• Make sure all layouts are editorially accurate and meet the required quality at all stages, including final files, plotters and advances
• Make sure all titles are produced to house style and fulfil the in-house brief
• Liaise and help to coordinate 3rd-party contributors, including packagers, illustrators, authors, licensors and other freelance agents
• Solve and, if required, escalate problems in the correct manner and in good time to allow schedules to be hit
Publishing List Management:
• Support the Head of Publishing on all tasks relating to the creation of the publishing programme, working to a clear strategy
• Support the Head of Publishing in ensuring that all proposed titles meet the business needs of the company and help to deliver a profitable programme
• Stay up to date on current trends and gaps in the market
• Mentor junior members of the team to promote editorial best practice and make sure departmental goals are achieved
Our ideal candidate has:
• An awareness of formats, subject matters and trends
• A strong understanding of the editorial process
• Organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise their work and support others
• Excellent copy-editing and proofreading skills
• Enjoys a challenge and has excellent problem-solving skills
• Confident communicator
• A dynamic, proactive team player with a positive can-do approach
In return we offer:
• The chance to be part of a growing, successful business
• The opportunity to fast-track your publishing skills
• A beautiful place to work, with friendly people who all love books, too
And much more!
This position is for a permanent, full-time contract at our Sywell office in Northamptonshire. The successful applicant will benefit from 28 days’ holiday per annum (plus bank holiday), excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
Working with a team of passionate, talented people
Internal learning and development programmes
Career Development opportunities
Fun social events
Bonnier Books is a major UK publisher with group sales of £80m. Home to three divisions and 16 adult and children’s imprints, we publish across a wide variety of genres, for different ages. From crime to reading group fiction; memoir to self-help; activity to reference – we believe every book matters.
For more information about Bonnier Books UK please visit our website: www.bonnierbooks.co.uk