We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Accessories Designer to join our skilled an committed Design team.
The role as an Accessories Designer is to design and develop its existing accessories line together with the Creative Director. The Accessories Designer will be responsible for implementing the strategy as well as the execution of By Malene Birger accessories.
The position will be based at By Malene Birger´s headquarters in Copenhagen and reports to Head of Assortment & Studio.
Overall Job Function:
By Malene Birger`s Accessories Designers responsibility and role is to further develop its existing accessories line together with the Creative Director. The Accessories Designer is highly structured and have an eye for details designing all the accessories for the company; bags, leather goods, shoes and other accessories. Being both creative, innovative and with strong individuality the designer is required to be acknowledged of current trends but also being able to have an independent point of view.
We expect you to take 100 % ownership for your product group and show both love & passion for the accessories as well as having an overall understanding of the whole design process and the economic impact that accessories have for the brand & the business. The Accessories Designer can intuitively sense any difference in quality, and know what it means to work effectively and consistently with our the products.
Skills & requirements
• Bachelor Degree in Design and/or Design education from well-established international design school
• Minimum 3-5 years Design experience, designing and developing for a global Luxury Brand
• Solid experience with accessories incl. shoe design, conceptual skills and strong industry knowledge
• Translating market trends and design briefs into the accessories aesthetic for the By Malene Birger DNA
• Take direction and inspiration from the Creative Director to incorporate By Malene Birger´s seasonal initiatives into the Accessories ranges
• Instigate research for accessories in terms of fabric, techniques, colors, materials, trim, image & trends to present to the Creative Director
• Great understanding of scientific and technical terms and processes for the accessories range
• Full understanding of the technical design and constructions, and support the vendors with technical specifications
• Constantly develop professionally to meet expectations and goals
• Talented sketches (also by hand)
• Ensure that the balance between innovation and commerciality of the product offering is constantly maintained
• Create and execute accessories ranges that are brand appropriate and meet the needed cost and margin requirements.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of detail sheets, drawings, and tech packages based on design timeline and action calendar
• Be proactive in order to resolve design issues an execute strategic plans
• Creative, independent & innovative mindset
• High personal drive, engagement & an action oriented approach
• Trustworthy with great respect for other people
• A strong teamplayer
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Advanced skill level in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
• User/ knowledge of PDM is a plus
• Strong graphic, material and silhouette driven design sensibility
• Ability to sketch and communicate design ideas in detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to all internal and external parties
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Business & Performance oriented
• Able to work fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks at various stages at the same time
Please add some examples of your work to your application.
Apply latest 2nd January 2020. Interviews in week 2 and 3. Hiring before the end of January.
5 extra days of holiday as full time employee
Fantastic universe & top dedicated colleagues!
Cool office with wonderful garden in central CPH
Organic breakfast & lunch made by our own chef
Friday brunch end of each month
Power training every Wednesday
Occasional after work events
Flex hours between 8-18
By Malene Birger was founded in 2003, the brand—originally conceived by Ms Birger—is now led by Creative Director Mathilde Torp Mader. Combining an air of playfullness, a hint of sophistication and a heart full of wanderlust, By Malene Birger empowers women to be their own muse and gives them the freedom to play with who they want to be from one day to the next. Grown-up, relevant and full of personality, the By Malene Birger collection is everything a modern woman needs in her wardrobe right now.