SOGETI is looking for a Senior Statistician to join our company.
As part of the BI & Analytics department composed of smart & dedicated people like yourself who make an impact with both internal and client stakeholders, you will be involved in IT projects related to data life cycle management, from our office in Bertrange or directly on client premises.
At SOGETI, consultants can work with a variety of different customers, tools and methodologies; something that would otherwise take many years to gain.
If data validation, data processing and analysis have no secret for you, then this role is for you!
- Perform statistical analysis, analysis of datasets, and draft reports;
- Participate in the development, implementation, and management of statistical database;
- Define new data collection and analysis processes;
- Contribute to the drafting of guidelines related to the validation data process and statistical methodologies;
- Perform treatment and validation of EU data and metadata, develop and implement validation checks to improve the quality and comparability of data;
- Be responsible of the dissemination of statistical information (draft, edit statistical texts, handles requests for information on statistical issues, give presentation in meetings);
- Communicate regularly with the client.
Skills & Requirements
_ And in terms of technical know-how? _
- Professional experience in the domain of statistics. The field of social statistics (i.e. Health, Education, income and living condition, labor force etc.), but also Energy and agriculture is an asset;
- Experience in working with official data;
- Good knowledge of statistical tool like SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide or R is an asset;
- Sound drafting capacity (study reports or publications);
- Capacity to work in autonomy;
- Communicative, rigorous and organized;
- Fluent in English, French or German would be an asset.
5+ years university degree in Economics, Statistics or equivalent; and at least 5 years of professional experience; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
*A background check will be requested upon hiring (criminal record, Education degrees, diplomas & certifications)
About the company
Part of the Capgemini Group, Sogeti is making business value through technology for organizations that need to implement innovation at speed and want a local partner with global scale. With a hands-on culture and close proximity to its clients, Sogeti implements solutions that will help organizations work faster, better, and smarter. By combining its agility and speed of implementation through a DevOps approach, Sogeti delivers innovative solutions in quality engineering, cloud and application development, all driven by AI, data and automation.
Capgemini Group is a global leader diverse collective of more than 350,000 strategic and technological experts based across more than 50 countries, partnering with world-renowned clients to transform and manage their businesses.
What do we offer?
Your career matters to us! Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs , and our university innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our shared values have been at the heart of the group : honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit , modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini Group.
Joining Sogeti means being part of a large Group at a human scale, where the work life balance is a reality.