The Content Support team supports our Sales organization in solving content related issues in order to ensure the flow of high quality data into the Meltwater Platform. This has immediate impact on the Meltwater customer base.
We are looking for ambitious professionals to join our team in Bengaluru. You’ll join a fun filled team of friendly people and will be working as part of the wider Support engineering teams across the globe. A candidate who has good communication, problem solving and organizational skills is likely to succeed.
Your main responsibility in this position is to continually update a database of website crawling configurations.
It is beneficial if you have a basic understanding of the topic "Web Data Extraction" and its associated challenges. However, all required trainings will be provided to you in order to master your tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills & Requirements:
• Looking for experienced candidates with 1-2 years of work experience.
• Graduate degree, ideally in a Computing/Information Technology.
• Basic knowledge of Web Data Extraction and the usage of regular expressions and XPATHs.
• Firm understanding of HTTP protocols (status codes, authentication, etc.,)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Outstanding commitment and winning spirit.
• Great attention to detail and accuracy in work
• Ability to conduct productive research via internet.
• Experience with issue tracking systems and tools like JIRA.
• Team player who enjoys working in a team and celebrating colleagues successes.
• Self-motivated with ability to manage time and trouble-shoot with minimum supervision when time is limited.
Fresh fruits & free drinks
Personal Branding Support
Ergonomic desks and chairs
Opportunities to travel in Europe and the U.S.
Open Source Contributions
Conferences and Tech Talks
Meltwater, a pioneer of media intelligence and now Outside Insight, gives businesses the information advantage they need to stay ahead. More than 26,000 companies have used Meltwater’s media intelligence to stay on top of billions of online conversations and extract relevant insights to strategically manage their brands. Meltwater is dedicated to personal, global service built on the local expertise of 55 offices across six continents. Meltwater is also committed to fostering the data science ecosystem through MEST, a pan-African entrepreneurial program and incubator, and Shack15, a global data science community. Learn more at meltwater.com.
All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and based on a modern technology stack. This is your opportunity to be part of a small agile team within a big multinational organization!
We are more than 1500 people across the globe, so there is a lot going on. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. This approach not only raises the quality of our products for our customers, but makes collaboration along the way much more fun.