ABOUT RAPID RESPONSE TEAM
We make the cooperation of journalists and editors with software developers easier, more flexible, and pleasant to both parties.
1) We are implementing smaller 3-4 months projects for which there are no dedicated teams, e.g.
- Development of a website dedicated to parliamentary elections in Norway.
- Rewriting news site to a new technical stack - internal Schibsted framework (based on React) and website's redesign.
2) We enable journalists to add quick and small changes to websites, e.g.
- Creation of marathon banners on the local news site.
- Bug fixing.
3) We have the mandate to transfer tasks to other teams.
As a part of Schibsted, you will join a community of developers that spans the Media branch of publishers across Norway and Sweden. Our team collaborates daily with regional newspapers which don’t have a dedicated team of developers.
We follow best practices like unit testing and continuous integration tools and utilize cloud platforms like AWS and Heroku. We use both relational and NoSQL databases.
3 Frontend Developers + 1 Fullstack Developer + You
As a member of the team, you will be part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where trust, openness, collaboration, and passion is key. You will work with talented and ambitious people, that bring their experience to elevate our journalism through great digital products. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better at it. We test, we fail and learn together.
Social benefits (multisport, health care etc)
Individual training budgets
Yearly bonus depending on performance
In-house English lessons
Flexible working hours
4 additional vacation days
2 additional weeks of paternal leave
Modern tools and needed equipment
Schibsted Tech Polska is a programming hub, creating mobile & web applications for the best Scandinavian start-ups & media companies. With almost 200 employees combined in Kraków & Gdańsk, we're focused on developing news, marketplaces web & online applications, as well as helping Scandinavian startups to improve their business.
We're a Scandinavian company in mind - with a flat structure, modern technology stack and a mutual trust as a pillar of our great atmosphere.