As Meltwater’s growth continues, we are looking to expand into new verticals which have shown demand but not yet been pursued. To help us explore these new customer verticals, we are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded account executive to pursue new customers in several emerging verticals. The AE will work on a small team of AE’s and focus on selling into a new customer vertical with an established and stable product.
Think… selling a social and news media listening and analytics software to a company to hear customer feedback on a product, monitor risk and compliance, understand a markets feedback on a group of portfolio companies or help a business development/sales team understand news and social around their biggest clients and prospects.
You’ll be working for a start-up inside a large company. The support, established product, R&D team and benefits of a large scale SaaS company with global operations but the fun and challenge of taking a new product to market with opportunity to experiment and try new things.
The most successful candidate will enjoy a fast paced environment with range to experiment and establish sales processes in new verticals for the company. You’ll have a hand in developing sales strategy, sales process, marketing strategy and pricing & packaging mixes.
You’ll own the full sales cycle from prospect to close. You’ll identify which target prospects to pursue and run with these targets from demo to close.
What You Can Expect:
- Rapid career development - you’re forming a new vertical sales team and setting the go to market strategy
- Exposure to a fast growing SaaS company with global opportunities available
- Room to experiment and make mistakes -We want to tackle new verticals. This means learning from failure to find the best way forward.
- Learning and development – coaching on sales process, personal development and career from several senior leaders involved in the project
- Opportunity for equity after strong performance and advancement
Compensation is negotiable based on experience and competence. Should work from the office as this will be a highly collaborative role. Full benefits provided.
Our offices are located in Uptown Charlotte at 201 South College Street
- Entrepreneurial interest – this is getting in on the founding of new verticals which the company will build future teams/divisions from
- Exposure an entrepreneurial environment (lots of autonomy and experimentation but intentional ambiguity accompanies that)
- Demonstrated and past record of achievement (goals/targets/etc set by the company)
- Interest in how business works – to crack new verticals, you’ll need to be extremely curious about how every aspect of our and the prospects business work
- Ability to hold yourself accountable and focus when it’s needed
- 3-4 years (2 if you’re a high performer) in a fast paced environment
- (Bonus) full cycle sales experience in a software, services or similar industry
- (Bonus) Demand gen or growth hacking background can be substituted for sales experience
Carol Ann Vance
Meltwater is an industry leader in the social media and news analytics space. We are a leader in G2 crowd customer reviews for all segments in which we currently compete. Meltwater is a privately held SaaS company with over 30,000 customers globally and fortunate to call the majority of the fortune 5000 customers.
For over fifteen years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture, based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Like many entrepreneurially focused companies, Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit. Whether you meet an employee from San Diego or Hong Kong, you will likely discover many similarities in terms of their achievements, focus and superior communication skills.
Our office spaces are collaborative, open working environments in which teamwork, learning, and fun are the day-to-day norms. Each office consists of a number of small teams, ensuring that all of our employees have easy and frequent exposure to their managers and can quickly learn from those around them.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2KBm9Ei
And “EEO is the Law Supplement” poster is available at: http://bit.ly/2Kmxnxd
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.