The Head of Service Management and Data Protection Officer is responsible for the post-launch support of external customers, including Infrastructure Operations, End-Customer Support, and Development.
The role also fulfils a management function for internal Information Technology, and is responsible for the overall internal and external Information Security of Accedo data, systems, and compliance.
This is a combination of a technical and management position, and is involved in multiple projects across Accedo that require expertise across multiple technology and management domains.
This role reports to the SVP, Global Services and Solutions.
● Provide strategic leadership and oversight for Accedo Service Management
● Define process, tools, and ways of working for Accedo Service Management teams
● Lead the Information Security function, responsible for infrastructure design, implementation, and
● Collaborate with IT Leadership Team and ITService Management Steering Committee to
develop, publicize, and implement a strategic plan for Accedo Service Management
● Manage P&L for multiple organizations, including Customer Support, DevOps (Infrastructure
Operations, and Support Engineering
● Exercise commercial control of costs and revenue in the Service Management function
● Develop and implement reporting on P&L activities for the Service Management function
● Prepare and execute professional development plans for Service Management function
● Define, develop, and bring to market new products in the Service Management portfolio
● Develop, define, and implement metrics for measurement of all Service Management functions
● Develop, define, and measure compliance with Accedo Information Security goals
● Check and report on compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation
● Work in ad hoc teams to prepare commercial proposals and responses to requests for proposal
● Report to executive management on the portfolio performance of the Service Management
● Liaise with different functions to execute Accedo strategic plans
● Report to executive management on the information security posture of Accedo
● Develop and implement annual information security training for the overall Accedo organization
● Develop and implement a global staffing plan for the various teams in the Service Management
● Develop a strategy for standard service-focused CSFs/KPIs/Metrics to monitor health across the
Service Management portfolio
● Develop a model for and regularly measure organizational maturity around ITSM and service
● Partner with all stakeholders external consultants, and peers at other institutions to develop and
implement solutions to service challenges
● Provide expertise and guidance on content preparation, live event management, linear and VOD
● Provide Program Management expertise when require for complex customer rollouts or other
post-launch or launch/post-launch borders
● Approximately 40% travel to customer meetings and other events, as required
● Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
+10 years in Broadcast and Pay TV experience
At least 5 years of Information Security experience at a senior level
At least 5 years of OTT experience
10 years of IT and Operations management experience
Experience in managing globally distributed teams, across multiple time zones and continents
Experience in Cloud Computing (AWS)
Networking Infrastructure experience (Cisco) including design, build, and overall operations management
Experience in Information Security technologies (Firewalls, Intrusion Preventions Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, Log Analysis, Security Event and Incident Management), including design, build, and overall operations management
Broadcast TV (playout, content management, content transform, multi-point delivery, and channel build) technologies
Experience in dealing with executive and C-suite level management on multiple fronts including Information Security, IT, and Program Management
Experience in implementation and management of ongoing GDPR compliance efforts
Experience in Program Management with multiple vendors, and program budgets of more than $6MM USD
Overall Budget management experience of more than $5MM USD/annum
Experience in developing and deploying a global support strategy with revenues of $4MM USD
Salary package: £90,000-£100,000 per annum
About the company
ACCEDO: FOR ALL VIDEO SERVICE PROVIDERS EMBRACING CHANGE
Accedo is the trusted video experience transformation pioneer improving the lives of video consumers by the hundreds of millions.
Over the years, Accedo has earned the trust of the world’s leading video service providers – customers to whom two goals are paramount: explore new opportunities to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations. Accedo customers include global video service leaders like NBCUniversal, Fox, Disney, HBO, Telefonica, Deutsche Telekom and Netflix, among many others.
The company was founded in 2004 on a simple observation: emerging technologies will transform how people watch television and consume video, but video service providers will struggle to keep up with the complexities of the new landscape.
This insight has led Accedo to create a single, modular cloud platform for building, transforming and growing state of the art video experiences. By using Accedo customers shorten time-to-market, improve operational agility and efficiency and boost monetisation capabilities.
The company is growing rapidly, powering thousands of video experiences across tens of platforms for hundreds of customers all over the world.