Pierce is one of Europe’s most successful online retailers. We are growing rapidly, and we are currently looking for Product & Quality Engineers in Stockholm, Sweden. Would you like to be part of a dynamic Category & Sourcing Team in a company with close to 400 people, that sells across 18 European markets and manages suppliers around the globe, then this could be the role for you.
The purpose of the role:
Responsibilities of a Product & Quality Engineer
To establish quality routines and produce technical documents according to the relevant laws and standards , mitigate quality and CSR risks related to the sourcing strategy , being the technical support in developing products . The main product categories : parts /accessories in main material of metal / in combination with plastic & rubber
• Produce the technical documentation of “ what we buy “ in compliance to relevant EU laws and standards
• Evaluate, analyze and follow up and improve suppliers quality and CSR standard
• Responsible to ensure delivered produced in compliance to the specification and standard set up
• Responsible to support suppliers in all compliance quality related issues regards to applicable legal and regulatory requirements, Pierce standards and code of conduct
• Anticipate and plan for CSR and quality risks related to sourcing in key Asian markets
• Support in aspects of product quality standard and production technique for sourcing and product development
• Be updated in related laws and standards in regards of quality standards
Professional profile, competence and skills
• Strong academic education in related technical(metal ) and product area
• Self-organizing, structured, and keeps focus under pressure
• Strong professional integrity and ethics in relation to suppliers
• Team spirit , good and effective communication ability
• Related working experiences on quality work preferred
• Cross cultural sensitivity, understands and can empathize people with differences in cultures being respectful
• Fluent in English, speaking as well as in writing
In order to be considered for the post, you must be eligible to work in the country you apply for.
International work atmosphere & amazing teamwork
After Work activities
Company sponsored sports events
Discount on company products
Opportunities for personal and professional growth
Pierce is the ecommerce company that has grown to become Europe’s biggest online retailer for gear and accessories within Motorcycles and Snowmobiles. We do this throughout Europe through our shops 24MX, XLmoto and SledStore. The company is in an amazing growth spurt, growing by more than 40% yearly, always with black numbers on the last row. At the beginning of 2009 we were a team of 4, today we are more than 370 international professionals, committed to giving our customers across 17 European markets a huge range of products and an extraordinary level of service. Our turnover during 2018 was over 90 MEUR, up 50% from the year before.
During 2018, Pierce has acquired the spanish e-tailer Motobuykers as well as MX Vice, Europe's largest online community for motocross.
It started with passion for our sport, was driven by the enthusiasm of our staff and we still dare to reach out for more with love and dedication for our customers.
Join us on our quest to become the most admired retailer within the motor industry and shape the way motor enthusiasts shop by offering a state-of-the-art online shopping experience built on passion, professionalism, and a good dose of rebellious spirit.
We are passionate about riding motorcycles and have an exciting program for employees who want to learn to ride or get more involved in motorsport. But non-riders are also very welcome to join of course.
2005All started in a garage with two MX enthusiasts who wanted to change the shopping experience for their follow petrolheads.
2009Pierce AB began with the launch of 24MX by 4 employees. Initial focus was on selling parts and equipment to the Motocross world.
2013XLmoto launched with a special focus on onroad motorcycle equipment. At this point a European wide presence was already built with the focus on bigger markets.
2013SledStore went live with pow passion and endless trails. SledStore is a Mecca for the Nordic snowmobile fanatics.
2016Our own European distribution center, PDC, opened their gates and storage racks to offer our customers an even bigger range, quicker deliveries and excellent service.
2017Pierce announced the acquisition of MotoBuykers, a leading Spanish e-commerce motorcycle player, to strengthen its footprint in southern Europe.
2018Pierce announced the acquisition of MX Vice, Europe's largest online community for motocross.
TodayWe have a local presence in 17 European markets with more than 370 employees, 7 offices in Sweden (Stockholm and Åre), Spain (Barcelona and Igualada), Poland (Szczecin) and UK (Bristol).