As a Technical Manager, you will play a key role in coordinating technical activities and on-going improvements inside your Country Unit. You will also work together with other Technical Managers outside your Country Unit boundaries. This is a managerial position but some coding is expected at an individual contributing level when needed.
Responsibilities and job tasks:
• Ensure quality in projects during estimation, quotation and project start.
• Ensure non-functional requirements are being considered and met in projects.
• Technically responsible for strategic choices.
• Ensure best practice in projects (reuse, code quality, documentation) so that we get a uniform set of systems that can be moved and handles by Client Development Teams. (Technical Mentorship, Coaching, Feedback, Lead by example)
• Establish tests of new techniques and improvements of best practices in collaboration with Business Unit Managers and Country Managers.
• Be an interface between your development teams and the Product & Tools department.
• Work across Business Unit Borders.
• Participate in recruiting.
• Escalation of problems to Business Unit Manager and Country Manager.
• Close the gap between a mature and not mature team.
• Technical Manager you must keep your competence at the forefront and also spend time outside work time to develop your skills. This means for example:
• Reading professional blogs, journals, books, research papers, articles and listen to tech talks.
• Blogging and publishing articles.
• Training others and giving presentations or speaking at a conference.
• Spending time with customers and other departments.
• Have the ability to work both on your own and in a team
• Have previously been a technical team leader for at least one team
• High productivity and efficiency without compromise to quality
• Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Bring clarity to chaos in a practical and effective manner when required
• Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and communication and interpersonal skills
• Creativity, initiative combined with commercial awareness
• Excellent technical skills, preferable with a backend pivot
• Prior Magento development expertise
Career development opportunities
Friendly and dynamic work environment
Competitive remuneration packages
You choose your tech gear
Founded in 2008, Vaimo is the global leader in delivering award-winning digital storefronts, omni-channel solutions and mobile apps. Our only focus is to accelerate B2B and B2C sales for our brand, retail and manufacturer clients. With 15 global offices across EMEA and APAC and over 300 employees, we provide an international presence that allows us cultivate close, long-term relationships with our clients. With a focus on driving digital innovation our services cover the full-spectrum of your Commerce needs ranging from strategy, design, development, optimisation, cloud services, all the way to wherever your Commerce initiatives reach. We deliver solutions around B2B, B2C, Omni-Channel, PIM, Order Management and Business Intelligence.
Every year, Vaimo wins awards in recognition of our commitment to technical excellence, innovation and satisfaction. Among others, we have received the Gazelle Award (6th consecutive years), listed as Econsultancy’s top 100 digital agencies (2 consecutive years) and Magento has recognised Vaimo's leadership by selecting us as Global Elite Partner in 2017, Commercial Partner of the Year in EMEA in 2017, Omni-channel Partner of the Year in 2016 and EMEA Partner of the Year in 2015.
August 2008VAIMO Sweden is established.
December 2010VAIMO enters Estonia.
March 2012VAIMO enters UK.
March 2012VAIMO enters South Africa.
February 2013VAIMO enters Norway.
May 2013VAIMO enters Finland.
January 2014VAIMO enters Ukraine.
August 2014VAIMO enters Denmark.
August 2015Vaimo signs a strategic partnership with one of the Asia's largest eCommerce companies Transcosmos.
November 2015VAIMO enters UAE.
January 2016VAIMO acquires Customerwise - the Danish Magento solution partner.
May 2016VAIMO enters Japan.
2018VAIMO enters BeNeLux.
January 2019VAIMO enters Poland.
March 2019VAIMO enters the USA.