Templar Publishing is looking for an Assistant Editor with one to two years’ experience to join their dynamic, forward-thinking and collaborative creative team, with the aim of growing a highly innovative and commercial list. Based in the London King’s Road office, you’ll develop and commission new ideas for preschool, novelty, non-fiction and picture books alongside custom projects for Big Picture Press, managing them from initial concept to final product, and assist with ad hoc editorial and administrative tasks.
What you’ll be doing:
· Project managing a number of titles through all stages of production while working to set timescales and budgets, including non-fiction, picture books, novelty, licensed publishing, new editions and reprints.
· Assisting editors with research, writing, copy-editing and proofreading on a wide range of books across different formats.
· Undertaking administrative tasks as required, such as sending out contributor copies of books to authors and artists.
· Working closely with the in-house design, production and sales teams and liaising with authors, illustrators and agents.
· Producing sales materials, including marketing materials for book fairs and back cover and sales copy.
· Attending and presenting at regular acquisitions and sales meetings.
· Playing an active part in new concept development.
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
· Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, commercially driven environment and loves the variety of working on multiple projects.
· Creativity, passion and the ability to come up with new ideas.
· Understanding of publishing formats, age ranges, genre and subject matters.
· Understanding of the editorial process.
· Copy-editing and proofreading skills.
· Communication and problem-solving skills.
· Organisational skills.
· A dynamic, proactive team player with a positive attitude.
Working with a team of passionate, talented people
Internal learning and development programmes
Career Development opportunities
Fun social events
Bonnier Books is a major UK publisher with group sales of £80m. Home to three divisions and 16 adult and children’s imprints, we publish across a wide variety of genres, for different ages. From crime to reading group fiction; memoir to self-help; activity to reference – we believe every book matters.
For more information about Bonnier Books UK please visit our website: www.bonnierbooks.co.uk