Sysomos is a Meltwater company that provides a unified, insights-driven social platform that gives marketers the easiest way to Search, Discover, Listen, Publish, Engage, and Analyze at scale across earned, owned, and paid media. We are proud to boast a platform that provides a robust service to its customers all around the world.
The Big Data Platform engineering team is responsible for the data lake, data ingestion pipeline, and API access for across all applications company-wide. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems scaling and running smoothly.
We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and talented technical individual to join our team as a Staff Data Software Engineer. Your work will directly impact the experience of our highly passionate audiences. You will be leading the architecture, development, and maintenance of complex data pipelines and application platform that are integrated into the Meltwater solutions.
Skills & Requirements
· Build and launch real-time data processing pipelines supporting various insights projects
· Maintain and improve systems architecture and application development platform
· Refine and develop best practices for building scalable, reliable web services
· Develop efficient query execution on a large multi-tenant data store
· Develop libraries and tools that allow a variety of external tools and applications connect and run the queries using standardized open library as well as proprietary rest APIs.
· BS in Computer Science, related field or equivalent software or operations engineering experience
· 7+ years of software development experience
· 4+ years of diverse experience in building data processing frameworks and services
· Experience working with real-time data processing technologies like Kafka, Spark streaming etc.
· Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Google Cloud
· Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
· Hands on with Java, object modelling and generally aware of trends and techniques in Java world.
· Experience working with Hadoop and/or Elasticsearch eco systems and Cloud-based deployments is a plus
About the company
Meltwater, a pioneer of media intelligence and now Outside Insight, gives businesses the information advantage they need to stay ahead. More than 26,000 companies have used Meltwater’s media intelligence to stay on top of billions of online conversations and extract relevant insights to strategically manage their brands. Meltwater is dedicated to personal, global service built on the local expertise of 55 offices across six continents. Meltwater is also committed to fostering the data science ecosystem through MEST, a pan-African entrepreneurial program and incubator, and Shack15, a global data science community. Learn more at meltwater.com.
All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and based on a modern technology stack. This is your opportunity to be part of a small agile team within a big multinational organization!
We are more than 1500 people across the globe, so there is a lot going on. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. This approach not only raises the quality of our products for our customers, but makes collaboration along the way much more fun.