Northvolt is looking for a Test Engineer to join the Northvolt Battery Systems department. As a part of our endeavour to make excellent products, we need people like you to push our batteries to the limit. Break them, crush them, shake them, flood them, drop them, put them on fire…, your imagination – and the validation plan – are the limits.
Our design team spends countless hours painstakingly designing battery systems to the smallest detail, while our manufacturing and supply chain teams make sure our products are of the highest quality. Basically, you will have the fun role to try and prove them wrong. Make them fail and they will thank you, although possibly not immediately. If as a kid, you regularly broke your toys by exceeding “normal use conditions”, or if your favourite YouTube channel is “Will it break/blend/melt/burn…”, then this role might be the one for you.
Your mission will first be to create test cases for our battery design and production validations along with our other engineering groups. You may then proceed to the fun part on our designated products, either in-house or at 3rd party facilities (populated with people just like you), before proceeding to reporting, analysis and improvement proposals.
A word of caution, safety is paramount at Northvolt. You will need a strong safety awareness to keep the damage limited to the tested product. Our test engineers have survived to this day and we want to keep it that way.
So, do you have what it takes to become part of our test team at Northvolt Battery Systems? What defines us at Northvolt is our boldness, passion and excellence – if you’re someone that happens to apply these values at work every day, then this job might be for you.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Plan, arrange, and coordinate Li-ion battery testing on cell, module and full system level: the bigger, the merrier!
· Set up and develop Northvolt battery system test environment, both at external test partners and our in-house R&D facility
· Develop the technology roadmap for a battery testing platform within the team
· Propose design improvements to ensure our products and your pleasure lasts longer next time
The person we are looking for is self-driven, strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story to change the future of energy and see actual results of your work throughout Europe (and beyond!).
The Test Engineer is a vital member of the Testing, Safety and Certification team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy. The position is situated in Stockholm with some travels to be expected. As our project managers rarely plan time for re-testing in their schedule, a high level of flexibility is necessary.
Apply with CV and cover letter in English or your complete LinkedIn profile. A book of your most beautiful thermal runaway tests is also accepted.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or similar
· Min 1-3 year testing experience especially on Li-ion batteries or High Voltage
· Hands-on person
· Experience working with standards and certification preferably with Li-ion batteries
· Experience with quality processes
· Leadership and coordinating skills
· Experience in multi-cultural environment is a plus
· Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish or German is a plus
· Passionate & purpose driven. We trust you to make sure our products are the safest!
· Highly organized and good planning skills.
· Continuous learner in interdisciplinary environment
· Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
· Ability to have strong empathy with design engineers when announcing a test failure. A poker face is a good substitute.
Qualities that we cherish are passion, flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humour, and a willingness to change the world for the better with a few booms on the way.
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!