The company is seeking an experienced Finance Manager (Sales Finance). This is an individual contributor position. In this very important role, the person acts as the trusted advisor to the head of sales, is the single point of truth for monthly financial forecasting for the sales group, is responsible for monthly financial close (partnering with accounting and other groups), partners with sales leadership in developing the annual operating plan & updating forecasts, partners as two-in-a-box with sales planning, professionally challenges existing assumptions and puts forth new business ideas, participates in sales calls and in quarterly business reviews and is an enthusiastic coach to sales teams etc.
Location: San Francisco City, CA
Skills & Requirements
• Years / Type of Experience. 7+ years of combined finance/FPA experience; Finance support to Business Unit highly preferred
• Industry Experience. Technology, Software, SaaS (Preferred). High volume, low dollar SaaS.
• Proven experience in dealing with Sales Managers and Sales executives.
• Start-Up / Size of Company Experience. Rapid, high growth phase and build phase experience (Preferred).
• Domestic / International Experience. Dealing with highly dispersed sales team (preferred).
• System Experience. NetSuite or equivalent ERP package (Preferred).
• Rich analytical and Data modeling experience
Specific Soft Skills Requirements
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven change management experience
• Able to work cross functionally and with large teams
• Personality that is fun and pleasant to work with
Selling Points of Position / Selling Points of Company:
• Established, Profitable, Late Stage Start-Up. Proven SaaS technology with a solid revenue stream and profitability. Great start-up feel and ability to build from the ground up in an established environment.
• Proven Product, Great Momentum. 25%-28% growth annually for the past 3 years – they are expecting this growth to continue as the expand their offering to additional locations worldwide.
• Global Presence. Over 25,000 clients serviced through 60 offices located across North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.
• Impactful Position. The new Sr Fin manager will be a key leader in taking the company to the next level of maturity. Highly visible and impactful role.
• Company Culture Promotes from within Company. CEO is committed to growing and developing employees; company culture focuses on promotion from within and allowing people to stretch into different areas of the business. Company culture is open, fun, innovative.
About the company
Founded in Oslo in 2001 before moving our headquarters to San Francisco in 2006, Meltwater is the global leader in media intelligence, with over 2,000 employees globally and 30,000 corporate clients. Our innovative products help businesses extract insights from billions of online conversations and articles – we call it Outside Insight.
For over fifteen years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture, based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Like many entrepreneurially focused companies, Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit. Whether you meet an employee from San Diego or Hong Kong, you will likely discover many similarities in terms of their achievements, focus and superior communication skills.
Our office spaces are collaborative, open working environments in which teamwork, learning, and fun are the day-to-day norms. Each office consists of a number of small teams, ensuring that all of our employees have easy and frequent exposure to their managers and can quickly learn from those around them.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.