Sogeti Luxembourg is the most important IT services actor in Luxembourg. Sogeti is able to deliver both private and public sectors and owns more than 80 active accounts in Luxembourg.
We offer our customers Statistical Consultancy as well as a wide range of IT services covering 3 disciplines (Application, Infrastructure and Testing Services) in 7 on top domains (Business Intelligence, Enterprise Content Management, Application Development & Management, Cloud Computing, Desktop & Unified Communication, Security and Testing).
As a real trustful partner for our customers, we are always listening to their needs and always offering them special sized solutions with a mutual goal to succeed and to perform.
The passion of our consultants makes the difference through their competences and professionalism, and these qualities that are our force and pride.
To support its growth, Sogeti Luxembourg is looking to recruit a:
A consultant with expertise in agricultural statistics. Notably, the candidate must prove of
• at least five-years’ experience in statistical methodology, data validation, data processing and analysis related to agriculture. Expertise in fisheries will be an asset.
• as well as the methods linked to the treatment of confidential data
Skills & Requirements
In cooperation with the client team, the candidate will provide support
• He will be performing treatment and validation of EU data and metadata, developing and implementing validation checks to improve the quality of data and metadata on agriculture and fisheries.
• He will be responsible for the maintenance of the related databases
• He will provide input / design the evolution of software, database and procedures
• He will be in charge of the dissemination of statistical information (draft, edit statistical texts, handles requests for information on statistical issues, give presentation in meetings).
• He will also take part in defining new concepts and methodologies in order to improve the data comparability and analyses regarding agriculture in Europe.
• He will report about work progress
• A Master Degree in economics or statistics;
• Good knowledge of Excel and database management;
• At least five years of experience working on data quality assessment and improvement of methodologies for the descriptive and comparative analysis of data and metadata on agriculture;
• Sound drafting capacity (study reports or publications);
• Fluent in English (both speaking and writing). Knowledge of French or German is an asset;
• Capacity to work in autonomy;
• Good relationship
• Communicative, rigorous and organised
Sogeti is the perfect place to bring your passion for IT into play and learn new skills. You will be given the opportunity to develop your career through interesting projects, and your evolution will be monitored closely by your line manager and HR team.
Moreover, you will be encouraged to attend training courses to broaden your knowledge and obtain certifications.
You can also count on an attractive salary and fringe benefits:
• Sympass card,
• cooptation bonus
• company car with fuel card,
• meal allowance…
Voted as the second richest country in the world, Luxembourg offers a high quality of life that is hard to match. It is a multi-cultural environment.
About the company
With a staff of more than 720 experts, Sogeti is the main provider of IT services in Luxembourg. Subsidiary of the Capgemini group, the Sogeti group counts over 25 000 employees worldwide in 15 countries and around 200 000 IT professionals based in 40 countries as part of the Capgemini group.
We provide a broad range of IT services in 4 lines of business (Digital, Infrastructure/Cloud, Security and Testing) in cutting-edge domains of expertise such as Business Intelligence, Statistics, Enterprise Content Management, Application Management & Modernisation, Cloud Computing, Desktop & Unified Communication, Cybersecurity or DevOps. Sogeti is able to deliver both private and public sectors and owns more than 120 active accounts in Luxembourg.
As diligent business partners, we endeavour to provide solutions suited to our clients' needs with a mutual goal to succeed and to perform. Our staff members' passion for IT, skills and professionalism are highly valued by our clients. We take pride in our staff's commitment and help them in every way we can to achieve their career objectives.
Sogeti is the perfect place to bring your passion for IT into play while learning new skills. You will be given the opportunity to develop your career through interesting projects and your evolution will be monitored closely by your line manager and HR team. Moreover, you will be encouraged to attend training courses to broaden your knowledge and obtain certifications. You can also count on an attractive salary and fringe benefits (e.g. company car, meal allowance). Voted as the second richest country in the world, Luxembourg offers a high quality of life in a multicultural environment.