At Epiceros we work with building extremely transaction intensive cloud-based environments with high-performance requirements. And we are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our Team. Our aim is to find a different approach to gaming software and use state-of-the-art technologies to get there. We are around 30 people, located in central Stockholm and Malta.
We are growing quickly and now need to expand our team with a Java backend developer. Currently, there are three very experienced Java developers in the backend team. Both architecture and development are handled in the team, with the supervision of the CTO.
You see yourself as an experienced backend developer and have at least some of the following skills and is eager to learn what is needed along the way:
Skills and Requests:
● Good experience of application frameworks like Spring boot or similar
● Experience of building high transaction intensive systems in a distributed environment
● Distributed cache handling
● Event handling, plus with Kafka experience
● Good knowledge of release process - building, testing, deploying and releasing
● Knowledge in hosting and monitoring of resilient distributed systems
Who are you:
You are an enthusiastic developer who brings with you the experiences you’ve learned building distributed systems in at least one of your previous roles.
● You care about the system, not the specific languages or technologies used to build it.
● You have garnered good judgment, always pushing forward to improve the technology in measured steps.
● You’ve failed and made mistakes, and you’ve learned from those mistakes, giving you valuable tools for decision making on your future challenges.
● You’re humble, collaborative, can push and pull when discussing different approaches to solving problems and most of all, you care deeply about being part of a respectful group of engineers tackling a difficult problem.
It’s a plus if you have experience from the gaming/betting industry. Personality wise, we see that you are a self-driven, enthusiastic and a happy person that wants to get things done.
Apart from monthly salary, we offer you options in the company and very nice and friendly colleagues in a true start-up atmosphere.
Free beverages: Caffeine fix or friday beer!
Geek lunch: Enjoy a free catered lunch!
Stock options plan.
Social gatherings and games with your colleagues!
5 weeks paid holidays
Great location in the center of Stockholm.
Excellent learning and development opportunities
High Growth Company
Market Based Salary
Epiceros is a 2-year-old start-up developing software for the gaming/betting industry. Our aim is to find a different approach to gaming software and use state-of-the-art technologies to get there. The founders and team are all seniors from the business, coming from some of the biggest gaming companies and we have very solid investors, in addition to Fantastic clients which include Wunderino among others.
We are around 30 people, located in central Stockholm and Malta. Our markets are mainly European and Asian markets, including co-located platform sites in multiple continents.