Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Network Engineer to join our passionate team in Vasteras and Stockholm. In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
As a Network Engineer you will be designing, implementing, and managing communication networks used throughout Northvolt’s offices and factories. In this role you will get the opportunity to work with some of the cutting edge technologies and latest developments in the field of enterprise networking, data center and private&public cloud networking and industrial networking. It is a unique opportunity to work in design, implementation and management of networking solutions that not only integrate/span across these multiple domains but aim towards full automation ("network as a code") of the complete network infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support or lead requirements gathering discussions with stakeholders across multiple business units
- Support project implementation from requirements gathering, to building and deploying our networking infrastructure
- Plan and support management of the network and its services
- Coordinate vendors involved in implementing, and supporting our networks
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. You will be vital member of the Automation & IT team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary. Planned starting date is asap.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in network and information technology
- Experience implementing communication networks for complex WAN/LAN architectures and cloud networks
- Experience working with Cisco family of products is a plus (not mandatory, we will consider equivalent experience)
- Experience working with Industrial Ethernet or any deterministic Ethernet protocols
- Familiarity and/or experience with software defined networking
- Experience in telecommunications vendor selection/negotiation
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry is a plus
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
- Highly organized and result-driven
- Proactive and goes beyond expectations
- Exceptionally good problem-solving skills
- Has a can do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new
challenges, grit and a sense of humor
- Passionate & purpose driven
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Wellness grant & Team Training Tuesdays
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!