As a Tax Manager at Northvolt, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day tax support to our business, help guide our rapid expansion and development while ensuring full compliance with all local and internationally applicable tax rules.
The Tax Manager will report to Northvolt's Head of Tax and sit within our Finance Team. The person will cooperate with accounting and finance in all matters of relevance for tax compliance and ensuring that tax is accounted for correctly in our financial statements and controls over taxation are functioning and checked.
It is crucial for the position to stay up-to-date with Tax Law Developments as it develops and changes in the countries where Northvolt is conducting its business.
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! Northvolt values of being Bold, Passionate and Excellent should resonate with you and if you are passionate about taxation and enjoy a fast-paced international and multicultural working environment with the ambition to making Oil History, Northvolt is the company for you!
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide support to the local entities in matters of indirect tax and transfer pricing;
· Responsible to develop, execute and maintain the group's VAT strategy and make sure it is aligned with group's overall corporate strategy;
· Own the Group’s transfer pricing documentation and policies - both with setting new transfer pricing policies for expansion markets, as well as ensuring current transfer pricing policies are implemented correctly in existing markets;
· Assist with executing and monitoring intra-group transactions;
· Manage correspondence and inquiries from the tax authorities on matter of indirect tax and transfer pricing;
· Write and maintain global instructions and guidelines related to VAT;
· Lead group VAT projects and participate as subject matter expert in other global projects that are relevant for VAT;
· Coordinate with external advisors with regards to global VAT issues;
· Coordinate and manage VAT aspects related to acquisitions, divestitures or other M&A activities;
· Work closely with ERP and accounting team to improve global indirect tax process; and
· Implement and apply technological tools to work effectively and efficiently.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in tax with at least 3 years specializing in indirect tax and / or transfer pricing. Experience of both indirect tax and transfer pricing is highly valued but not essential
• Degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance or similar
• Relevant tax experience in a corporate or professional environment, preferably from one of the Big4, experience of working in-house with medium to large companies is a plus
• Fluency in English, Swedish is a plus.
• High level of energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast moving business
• Able to work independently and drive issues to conclusion.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with knowledge of Excel (vlookups, pivot tables etc.)
• Experience with mid tier ERP systems; Dynamics365 experience is preferred but not essential.
• Able to work well with others in a team environment.
• Effective communication skills.
• Highly accurate and detail oriented.
Personal success factors (Consider Bold – Passionate – Excellent)
• Attention to Detail
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Northvolt is a European supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. Founded in 2016 to enable the European transition to a decarbonized future, Northvolt has made swift progress on its mission to deliver the world’s greenest lithium-ion battery with a minimal CO2 footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling. Among Northvolt industrial partners and customers are ABB, BMW Group, Scania, Siemens, Vattenfall, Vestas and the Volkswagen Group.
Northvolt Ett is a next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, the gigafactory will be one of the largest battery cell factory in Europe and produce at least 32 GWh of capacity annually.
Alongside Northvolt Ett, Northvolt is also establishing a manufacturing site for battery systems in Gdansk, Poland. This facility, Northvolt Battery Systems Jeden, will industrialize and produce world leading battery systems in order to meet the increased demand for complete battery solutions on the European market. The factory is a highly automated, state-of-the-art production facility for battery modules and energy storage solutions.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a dynamic environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs in Västerås, as well as Northvolt Battery Systems Jeden, in Gdansk, for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced manufacturing experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a real difference. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!