Northvolt has an exciting job possibility for a world leading engineer specialized in the field of Industrial Automation of Material Flow and Robotics. You will be contributing in your area from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories, which will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
You will be working intimately with the factory design team to design and implement a highly automated production process both in terms of production process control, material handling and robotics.
The production environment has very high demands on cleanness and up-time to reach the set quality level and production efficiency requiring a combination of proven technologies and design of new innovative solutions. We will work with the best solution providers globally.
You have a previous professional work experience as automation process/production engineer or other relevant positions with experience and knowledge in material flow design and robotics. In general, you have a long experience in the field and have been driving large, innovative and challenging industrial automation projects with very high demand on accuracy and scale. Specifically, you have a deep understanding and hands-on experience of integrating very diverse, complex equipment into higher automation layers.
You work symbiotically with the plant design and manufacturing engineering teams, translating their inputs into crisp specifications and orchestrating the execution in an ecosystem of external global suppliers and in-house engineers.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Design and implement automation systems for internal material flows for advanced factories and warehouses
● Design and implement new technologies for specialized equipment
● Identify and interact with key automation solution suppliers
Be part of the team that will give our operations team the tools to run the most advanced and efficient factory in the world!
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
● Master of Science or higher degree in Automation engineering, Mechanical engineering or other
relevant university degree
● 5+ years of experience within industrial automation in process-driven industries such as:
Semiconductors, Fine Chemicals, Pharma, Food or other relevant industries.
● Professional experience and knowledge in factory material flow design and robotics including
advanced material handling solutions such as: Automated material handling and warehouses,
AGV solutions etc.
● Passionate by solving complex problems with technology in a simple yet innovative way
● Track-record of successful implementation of advanced automation systems in relevant industries
● Must have worked in multicultural environment
● Excellent English written and oral skills
● Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
● Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
● Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
● Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
● Passionate and purpose driven
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!