• A senior scrum master enables a scrum team to run a medium-to-complex agile development process that seamlessly aligns with business and technical needs. The senior Scrum Master is a key role within an Agile delivery team as it removes any impediments that obstruct a team’s pursuit of its sprint goals and ultimately deliver a product that generates business benefits for one or several client lines of business.
• Senior Scrum Masters play an important role in the long-term evolution of agile practices.
- Facilitating client initiative from initiation through release, providing oversight to ensure alignment with client Agile/Scrum practices, including but not limited to, preparation of initiation, sprint, release and deployment planning
- Accountable alongside the scrum team for the achievement of release objectives and results that meet client initiative stakeholders’ needs and expectations
- Manage risks to delivery
- Navigating and identifying shared IT services required by the team in the delivery of its objectives
- Support and Facilitate Big Room Planning
Team activity facilitation:
- Facilitate discussion leading to collective decision-making, goal setting and conflict resolution within the team
- Remove impediments to delivery success through the proactive management of external dependencies, medium-to-high complexity team problem-solving and the development of new solutions or approaches to ongoing challenges; has the authority to execute against new approaches and escalate issues through business and/or IT channels where necessary
- Accountable for creating and maintaining the appropriate vehicles for open communication within the scrum team (e.g. tracker boards) to create a trusting and safe team environment
- Continuously seek to improve team performance by promoting joint accountability for results and solving productivity issues
- Facilitating and engaging in business analysis, user experience and technical conversations across platforms and multiple levels of influence
- Communicate cross functionally, ensuring transparency of progress and outcomes; Report team progress and accomplishment up and across; Facilitate status updates, product demos and retrospectives
- Facilitates collaboration with other labs to take advantage of synergies and improvements along with alignment
- Manages communication with external stakeholders and between labs
- With the assistance of the Agile Coach, provide proactive coaching to the team and recommends continuous improvement of processes to optimize team productivity
Skills & Requirements
Qualifications / Position Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
• Must be an industry Certified Scrum Master with 3+ years project management and hands –on Scrum Master experience
• Thorough understanding of agile software development lifecycle methodologies, values, and procedures
• Multiple years’ experience working with an agile methodology during a large scale, complex new development project for a large enterprise
• Excellent team player and team builder
• Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
• Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
• Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
• Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
• Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
• Must be collaborative in driving decisions
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
• Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
• Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) Team Leadership (Coaching Others, Dealing with Stress, Demonstrating Teamwork, Influencing Others, Interacting with Others, Maintaining Composure, Motivating Others, Providing Direction and Leadership)
About the company
With a staff of more than 650 experts, Sogeti is the main provider of IT services in Luxembourg. Subsidiary of the Capgemini group, the Sogeti group counts over 25 000 employees worldwide in 15 countries and around 200 000 IT professionals based in 40 countries as part of the Capgemini group.
We provide a broad range of IT services in 4 lines of business (Digital, Infrastructure/Cloud, Security and Testing) in cutting-edge domains of expertise such as Business Intelligence, Statistics, Enterprise Content Management, Application Management & Modernisation, Cloud Computing, Desktop & Unified Communication, Cybersecurity or DevOps. Sogeti is able to deliver both private and public sectors and owns more than 80 active accounts in Luxembourg.
As diligent business partners, we endeavour to provide solutions suited to our clients' needs with a mutual goal to succeed and to perform. Our staff members' passion for IT, skills and professionalism are highly valued by our clients. We take pride in our staff's commitment and help them in every way we can to achieve their career objectives.
Sogeti is the perfect place to bring your passion for IT into play while learning new skills. You will be given the opportunity to develop your career through interesting projects and your evolution will be monitored closely by your line manager and HR team. Moreover, you will be encouraged to attend training courses to broaden your knowledge and obtain certifications. You can also count on an attractive salary and fringe benefits (e.g. company car, meal allowance). Voted as the second richest country in the world, Luxembourg offers a high quality of life in a multicultural environment.