Are you looking for an exciting, strategic role where you can use your consulting, sales, and value engineering competencies? If yes, you could be our new Principal Value Advisor, playing a key role in demonstrating and articulating the financial value that Basware can provide its customers. We're looking for an exceptional individual to join our Solution Value Consulting organization within the Sales function.
As the Principal Value Advisor , you will be a senior-level consultative sales advisor that works closely with our Sales Reps, Solution Value Consultants, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to ensure a successful engagement with customers and prospects, applying value-based selling techniques and strategies to progress opportunities.
Success in this role will require an ability to think strategically to design sales plays that will be deployed across the Basware customer portfolio. You will collaborate with cross-functional sales teams, act as a facilitator, and assist the teams to drive toward tangible sales methodologies and assets.
You will have an opportunity to directly influence Basware’s largest sales engagements to support our accelerated growth. You will support accounts across all steps in the customer lifecycle, from strategic alignment, project justification, and commercial proposals to value measurement and realization of targeted business outcomes.
This position reports to the VP of Solution Value Consulting.
- As an integral part of Worldwide Sales, work very closely with Sales Management, Sales Directors, Product Management, Alliances and Marketing to support and drive regional initiatives to improve pipeline generation and subscription revenue
- Work closely with the customers, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing to understand how Basware helps customers meet their strategic objectives by identifying key business drivers and developing compelling points of view to drive executive level conversations
- Design frameworks and collateral to support the Basware business in understanding and executing on building collaborative and compelling business cases for Executives / CEOs / Board to answer “Why do anything?”, “Why now?”, “Why Basware?”
- Proactively contribute to Basware’s value based messaging including considering internal performance metrics benchmarking, thought leadership and speaking at industry events
- Identify and build a pipeline of customer reference/ value realization stories to showcase value metrics relevant to the Industry
- Continuously refine Basware’s financial value-based selling methodology including tools, deliverables, offerings and educate and coach Basware’s Direct Sales Organization on how to implement this methodology successfully into Target Accounts
- Develop multi-level sales strategies and methodologies for targeted account penetration activities
- Develop and improve competitive positioning and messaging to enable the sales team and help design field sales campaigns against targeted verticals or competitive take-out targets
- Perform industry research and analysis to help develop focused points of view of how Basware can help customers achieve their strategic objectives
- Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by Basware's solutions and use these metrics to develop ROI / Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models to quantify the value of Basware’s Touchless Invoicing solutions
- Identify and build a pipeline of customer reference stories to showcase value metrics relevant to the Industry
- Work with account teams to ensure compelling industry and value messages are delivered in deliverables such as RFP Responses, Value Propositions, Points-of-View, Product Demos, etc.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong customer-facing skills, executive presence with the ability to build credibility and trust with senior executives and VP/Director/Manager/Analyst levels within customer accounts
- Ability to scale and translate best practices into trainable and coachable programs and materials for Sales, Solution Value Consulting, Alliances, Marketing, Customer Success teams within Basware
- Ability to generate thought leadership and drive executive agenda
- Demonstrated skills in design and facilitation of executive-level workshops - ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various levels of functional knowledge
- Strong analytical skills, including mastery of Financial modeling and data visualization with an ability to incorporate data into compelling storylines for executive-level conversations
- Strong and demonstrable experience in Value engineering / Consulting / Solution Value Consulting / Go-to-market strategy roles
- Is driven by working within a fast-paced environment
- Passion and hunger to win, succeed and strive for excellence
- Ability to work across multiple functions/disciplines/cultures/geographies in a highly collaborative and engaging fashion
- A willingness to travel and work to global timetables and needs
- Fluency in English is required
- MBA or advanced degree in finance, economics, or related field strongly preferred
- Strong and demonstrable experience in a Value engineering / Consulting / Solution Value Consulting role
- 6+ years of management consulting experience with a leading international consulting firm; experience leading engagements
- 10+ years of work experience in a leading industry such as Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail which includes subject matter expertise in key processes, familiarity with business objectives, performance levers, system and data requirements, industry challenges and Financial process-digitization maturity levels
Location: All locations in the US considered. Ideally candidates would be located centrally to support the North American market, bearing in mind this is also a global role and team.
SOLUTION VALUE CONSULTING
The Solution Value Consulting team plays a pivotal role within the Basware Sales organisation. The key knowledge areas are structured around Value Advisory, Technical Advisory and Solution leadership which are all underpinned by our Operations team.
Value Advisory focuses on the Value frameworks of Basware and works with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to lead, drive and enable the organisation as well as supporting strategic sales opportunities. Technical Advisory focuses on the interoperability, integration, and compliance of Basware with a customer’s landscape and needs whilst the Solution Value Consultants work closely with sales to understand the customers’ needs, prioritise, define solutions and articulate value. The Operations team support the wider team from a demonstration engineering and bid management perspective.
Each team has a specific focus but work collaboratively as a global unit, centred around common processes and frameworks to ensure best practices are shared and learning is central to personal progression and our growth mindset.Sales business function is responsible for growing Basware's cloud revenue via new customer acquisition and by driving expansion within a satisfied customer base. Through customer-centric value selling and collaborative account management we lead prospects & customers through the buying process with Basware, leveraging sales platforms including CRM, CPQ, and CLM that support managing the sales cycle.
About the company
Basware is the global leader in providing networked purchase-to-pay solutions and innovative financing services. Basware’s commerce and financing network connects businesses in over 100 countries and territories around the globe. As the largest open business network in the world, Basware provides scale and reach for organizations of all sizes, enabling them to grow their business and unlock value across their operations by simplifying and streamlining financial processes. Small and large companies around the world achieve significant cost savings, more flexible payment terms, greater efficiencies and closer relationships with their suppliers.
Joining Basware means you’ll join a team filled with innovators, passionate about their work and enthusiastic about the purchase-to-pay industry we’ve pioneered. You’ll work alongside highly motivated, capable, and friendly individuals who collaborate to deliver world class solutions and services to hundreds of companies worldwide. A critical part of our culture is the high amount of trust we put into our employees—we want you to make a difference. So, we offer flexibility in how you work, giving you the freedom and support to deliver your best results. We truly live our values where our employees strive for excellence, put our customers first, lead the way, and inspire one another to build a winning team.