At Sievo, we help the world's largest organisations make effective and timely decisions by creating smart and seamless procurement analytics software solutions. Our product solutions are built in-house with the focus on continuous development.
We are now looking for a Data Engineer to join our Helsinki team. Our Data Engineering team is responsible for defining the integration architectures of our customer's implementations, creating integrations and supporting the environments in the continuous service mode. This means working with the biggest and coolest global customers and their ERP systems, but also with 3rd party providers of data on market, risk, sustainability, diversity indexes and so forth.
As a Data Engineer, you would
- Develop an understanding of our clients' procurement analytics needs
- Design, build, monitor and maintain data integrations, migrations, and processes
- Work with a combination of Microsoft SQL, SSIS, Azure (ADF and Databricks mainly) and Sievo’s own proprietary integration tools as well as database structures and data content of different ERPs
- Work and communicate internally with other Sievonians but also represent Sievo’s integration field externally with our customers' IT and project members
- Provide active support and improvement ideas to our existing integration processes and constantly look to improve our tools, internal processes and best practices
- Ensure that everything you do is robust, sustainable and scalable
- Have the courage to question things and to speak up: We believe development comes from challenging the status quo
We value people who have a passion for data and ETL, enjoy working with clients and helping them solve complex procurement analytics related problems, possess a certain intellectual curiosity for learning as well as the drive to get things done. We are currently migrating to the cloud and this could be an opportunity for you to jump on that plane with us!
What typically gives a good starting point for our next Data Engineer?
- ETL expertise, preferably SSIS
- Cloud knowledge, preferably Azure Data Factory / Databricks
- Strong SQL skills
- Fluency in English. Other language skills are appreciated
- Good communication skills
- Being independent and taking ownership
- Ability to handle vast amounts of data
- Interest in automating processes
- Willingness to face clients
Extra points for
- Knowledge of procurement and different ERPs (such as SAP, Oracle, Sage, D365,.. )
- Scripting knowledge like PowerShell or Python
- Experience in working with REST APIs
- Consulting experience
We promise you
- A set of cool global clients to work with. Yes - the ones you read about in business & management books. The ones with the largest amounts of data
- An opportunity to learn Azure implementations, automation, and migration
- A unique opportunity to develop your understanding of procurement business area
- We've got awesome perks including phone plan, home internet connection, recreational benefit, referral bonus, bike benefit, and many more
- One of the coolest offices in the heart of Helsinki – or if you prefer, a flexible hybrid working mode. We also provide all essential tools to work remotely
- Freedom and responsibility. We are looking for people who yearn for this freedom, can make the most out of it and are willing to take on the responsibility
- Possibility to work with an international group of great people with diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Send us your CV and a cover letter (yes, we actually read those letters!) that shows your interest in the position. We review applications on a rolling basis and will reach out to candidates who pass our initial screening for a first interview. If you make it to the next round, we'll give you an assignment that assesses your approach and technical skills in solving problems related to your role. For more information about the role, contact Said Halimi, [email protected]
At Sievo, we celebrate and support differences and strive to create a culture where everyone feels valued and included. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against any individual in hiring or employment based on gender, gender identity or expression, age, ethnic or national origin, nationality, language, religion or belief, opinion, disability, state of health, sexual orientation or other personal reasons.
Studies indicate that women are more hesitant to apply for a job and tend to feel their qualifications do not align perfectly with the role. If you're interested in the position and believe that you have the potential to excel in it, we encourage you to apply.
About the company
We are a global fast-growing Procurement Analytics SaaS company. Our purpose is to create a transparent and data-driven world while being awesome. We are a diverse team of over 300 individuals - all unique, yet all Sievonians. We are known for our expertise in having fun, staying cool, and diving into bigger lakes. Dare to challenge yourself? Let's meet!