We are looking for a Package Engineer to join the Programs team in the delivery of a CAM (Cathode Active Materials) plant in Northern Sweden. The role will be working directly with the delivery of the integrated wastewater treatment facility, which handles all process effluent from production, supplying clean process water and by-products to be reused in the production of CAM.
By joining us, you will be a key player in the delivery team and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the Job
As a Package Engineer within the CAM programs team, you will have the opportunity to lead/support with a variety of tasks, including:
• Supplier and vendor engagement, with a focus on all aspects of delivery, installation, and completions/commissioning.
• Assist Project Management team with the delivery of the overall wastewater treatment package on budget and schedule
• Manage and be responsible for resolution and closure of technical issues with the multi-disciplinary leads throughout detailed design
• Work with our EPC(m) contractor to deliver the scope of work as an integrated team
• Responsible for overseeing vendor packages fabrication, manufacturing (inc. FAT), delivery through to construction and installation.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders and interfaces with other projects within Northvolt to ensure information transfer and design dependencies are identified and addressed
• Gather input from Operations and Maintenance to design a fit for purpose waste water treatment facility
• BSc or MSc-degree in mechanical or process engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years of relevant work experience, ideally within a construction, project, or delivery setting
• Experience with wastewater process equipment is a plus
• Experience in pCAM and CAM wastewater experience is a plus
• Experience in delivery of large scale processing facility is a plus
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain from including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full-time employment, fixed salary. The planned starting date is as soon as possible. Location of position is Stockholm or Skelleftea.
You will play an important role in the interface with equipment suppliers, engineering contractors, chemical experts, environmental engineers, production teams and Northvolt factory design teams to efficiently integrate the latest cathode chemistry and technology into the factory design. Preferably, you have experience in the field, or closely related chemical industry.
The persons we are looking for are team players, curious, and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and talents who make things happen.
The Programs team is located in Stockholm & Skelleftea. The position would be ideally based in Skelleftea, but can also be Stockholm. Frequent travel is required to suppliers, vendors and site.
Skills & Requirements
Personal success factors :
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.