We are looking for experienced Solvent Recovery Process Expert to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our excellent team based in Skellefteå. By joining us, you will be a key player in ramping up production and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job
- Support project manager in building the commissioning team: define main required competence internal and external (eg. process engineers, manufacturing technicians, maintenance technicians, EHS representatives, quality department representatives, pipe fitters etc.).
- Onboard the participants from process side, drive commissioning planning (timeline, resources, protocolls, targets, shift breakdowns, format of reporting, establish communication channels).
- Align with other stakeholders: representatives from downstream processes, upstream utilities, final internal customers (production engineering and Manufacturing).
- Execute commissioning: drive daily work - daily safety meetings, task distribution, information collection and reporting, breaking the bottlenecks, general and technical problem solving. Responsible for the commissioned process area until handover to Manufacturing.
- Follow the final Site Acceptance Test done by the vendor, review of the report, request necessary adjustments or repeat of parts of the test etc. according to Northvolt's interest and the contract.
- Handover to final internal customer: review and generate necessary documentation, provide trainings, provide support with troubleshooting in the first months of operation (travel on site if necessary, or support remotely).
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English.
Our main requirement
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with chemicals at industrial scale / understanding of material characteristics. Preferred with flammable solvents.
- Expertise with air-flow management.
- Familiar with industrial ductwork, dampers, control systems.
- Expertise with industrial utilities (cooling water, chillers).
- Expertise with organic emission control.
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.