Embark on an inspiring journey and begin your career in the highly rewarding field of compliance engineering by joining Northvolt as a Junior Product Compliance Engineer. As part of our dynamic and innovative Battery Systems team in Stockholm, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of the industry. Compliance engineering offers numerous opportunities for growth and impact, as you become an integral part of ensuring the safety, performance, and sustainability of our cutting-edge battery systems.
At Northvolt, we are committed to driving progress and making a meaningful difference in the world. By choosing a career in compliance engineering, you'll be at the forefront of innovation, working alongside commercial and design teams to ensure our products meet the highest standards. Your expertise will be instrumental in gaining market access for our battery systems across various regions worldwide.
If you're a detail-oriented individual who enjoys working in an interdisciplinary environment and collaborating with cross-functional teams, Northvolt is the perfect place for you to start your compliance engineering career. Join us in our mission to create the world's most advanced and sustainable batteries, and take your career to new heights with Northvolt Systems.
• Gain understanding of the relevant European and North American regulations and standards, including the CE marking directives
• Support the creation of policies and assist in transforming the results into product requirements for different product families
• Learn about the evolving regulatory environment and assist in mapping product compliance scopes
• Collaborate with the business and engineering teams throughout the development process to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements.
• Support product development projects in certification and validation and assist with planning necessary actions with certification bodies to gain approvals.
• Assist in ensuring product documentation and labelling accurately reflects the compliance status of the product in alignment with the regulatory requirements.
• Help compile and maintain the CE-marking related technical documentation and EU Declaration of Conformity.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
• Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering, with interest in developing battery systems or similar.
• Familiarity with European and North American regulatory requirements and standards, including CE marking directive (LVD and EMCD), is a plus.
• Interest in learning about the EU battery regulation and standards such as IEC 62619, UL 1973, UL 2580 and UN38.3.
• Willingness to learn about product certification and the process of self-declaring conformance.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
If you have the necessary qualifications and want to join a company that values sustainability, excellence, and innovation, we encourage you to apply today. We offer an exciting work environment and opportunities for career growth and development. Join our team and be part of a company that is changing the world.
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.