We are looking for an experienced Senior Quality Control Engineer-CT to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our excellent Quality team based in Skellefteå. By joining us, you will be a key player in establishing and one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job
You will be responsible for the development, validation, and implementation of the methods used for computed tomography and other non-destructive test methods. Adherence to the principles of Quality Assurance in QC. Proven track record in statistical analysis and measurement system analysis (MSA).
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
•Develop, validate and document methods and procedure for scanning and analyzing intermediate and final products from battery cell production
• Performing special scan requests for battery cells and their components on Computed Tomography and X-Ray systems (e.g. Waygate, Nikon, Exacom)
• Performing problem solving and improvement activities for scanning activities and its records aswell as updating work instructions
• Optimize methods to increase efficiency and turn-around time of the laboratory.
• Working with instrument suppliers and machine builders for designing custom fixtures,
instruments & automation
• Inputs for laboratory planning of expansions and related sourcing of additional equipment and
• Train team members on instrument usage, analysis and troubleshooting activities
• Provide guidance and specialist knowledge for product families or processes
• any other duties and responsibilities required to deliver on company objectives
• Budget responsibility: N
• Direct reports: N
• Authorized to decide on investments according to role and policy.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary. Planned starting date is asap.
We believe that you have :
•MSc degree or PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Material or Mechanical Engineering
•5+ years of proven hands-on specialist experience with CT (computed tomography) Systems
•Experience of laboratory work in relevant industry such as, Li-ion materials, Pharmaceutical,
Food and Paper industries or automotive industry
• Proven method development and user experience on CT systems
• Project management skills and a successful track record of leading quality projects in a
• Knowledgeable in Lean and six sigma
• Familiarity with SPC, FMEA, Quality troubleshooting tools and problem-solving
• Curious, technically educated and preferably with a strong business background
• Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
• Highly organized and results driven
• An eye for detail
• Exceptionally good problem-solving skills
• Innovative and creative who thinks outside the box
• Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
Personal success factors
• Has a "can do" attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Customer focused
• Flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a
sense of humor
• Passionate & purpose driven
• Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
4 semaines de vacances / 4 weeks of vacation
Journées maladie illimitées / Unlimited sick days
Programme de parts / Employee Stock Option Program
RPDB / DPSP
Compte Frais Employés / Employee Spending Account
Télémédecine / Telemedicine
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.