For the world to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and phase out oil, we need lots of efficient and sustainably produced batteries. For those batteries, Northvolt is producing in-house cathode active material. It’s a large chemical plant within the large battery plants in Skellefteå and Västerås in Sweden. With the factories being built, we now need the right people to make a difference. Without skilled and talented team members, there can be no cathode active material to be manufactured into cells. We are now looking for skilled process engineers who want to join the team to make a difference.
About the job
Responsible for the strategy and execution of research and development of cathode active materials(CAM) including CAM product ownership/roadmap, material and process development in inhouse R&D lab (CML), R&D team, development, external material benchmark and external R&D collaboration.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Grow and develop R&D team according to growth plan
• Set R&D strategy, objectives & activities to execute on CAM R&D development roadmap
• Secure resources (team and equipment) to enable development of battery cathode material for future customer projects and products
• Plan and execute material and process development for todays and future products
• Manage and ensure the execution of the cathode material R&D roadmap
• Collaborate closely with CDO and Northvolt cell design team to secure the material roadmap is fully coordinated with the overall technology and cell roadmap
• Work closely with the CAM process development team to enable scale up of manufacturing processes for cathode active material and industrialisation of new products / chemistries
• Secure talent build up through external collaborations and R&D as well as internal competence development including the build up of a specialist carrier path from junior to very senior level in the team
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
We believe that you have :
• MSc or PhD in Chemical/Material/Electrical Engineering, and Chemistry/Physics
• Preferably 10+ year’s experience in material and/or process R&D within material
development, powder development or similar. Valuable with experience from battery materials
• Demonstrated expertise and success in the development and characterization of materials, preferably battery materials
• Experience working with international and multi-cultural environments
Bonus points for:
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.