Do you want to work with one of the leading film and TV series producers in the Nordics? We are now looking for a Production Controller to join our Nordic finance team at SF Studios!
Our Nordic Finance team provides financial expertise to all our businesses and across all of SF Studios’ locations, from cash flow analysis and payments to budget and forecasting, accounting, reporting and business analyses. One of our business areas, Production, now needs a new Production Controller. You will focus on our accounting, financial controlling, monthly closing, payments, and Finance systems as well as manage internal and external contacts. You will have a key role and work closely with SF Studios and our production company in Norway as well as finance colleagues in other Nordic countries.
In this role, you will be responsible for several areas within accounting and financial controlling, with a focus on our production business. More specifically, you will:
Accounting and financial controlling
- Financial controlling and accounting of production companies that produce films and TV series for cinemas, TV partners, and international streamers
- Provide adequate support to producers and production staff with day-to-day financial activities and recommendations for decision-making.
- The main point of contact towards our external accounting firm Nietschke, e.g making sure processes and invoices are in line with SF Studios’ accounting principles and applicable laws.
- Financial cost controlling of direct costs, overhead costs and suggest potential cost-saving initiatives of production companies
Monthly and annual closing processes
- Responsible for legal reporting of our production companies
- Perform timely month-end account reconciliations and other monthly closing activities and reporting in line with SF Studios’ accounting principles
- Ensure fulfillment with annual reporting processes and deadlines
Business processes, audits and projects
- Responsible for audits for production companies in Norway and ensuring eligibility criteria of Norwegian Film Institute support including financial reporting to the Norwegian Film Institute, MEDIA or tax incentives outside Norway
- Overall responsible for cashflow planning of our production business
- Initiate process adjustments or projects that will improve the quality of financial statements and reporting of our production companies
You will be a key member of our Nordic Finance team and the position is based in Oslo. You will report to the Head of Financial controlling based in Stockholm.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have:
- A university degree in Finance or equivalent Finance work experience
- At least 5 years of accounting experience in a medium-sized company
- Experiences from audit processes
- Experience in media, telecom, or tech business. Experience from film production business or other project business with percentage of completion accounting framework is highly meriting!
- Technical skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to prioritize and manage finance tasks in line with policies and practices
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Norwegian and/or Swedish and English
As a person, it is important that you act as a proactive problem solver and aim for improvements within your area. You like to work in a fast-paced environment and view business transformation as something fun and exciting. You are service minded with good analytical ability. We think you are happy to work high and low within finance to meet our common goals – as one of our values is to work together as one team, we help each other out when needed! Another value is bringing joy and we encourage a creative, fun, and joyful working environment.
At SF Studios, we welcome applicants from all walks of life. You will work with highly engaged people with competencies ranging from movie production to finance and sales. We are diverse – but the one thing we all have in common is our passion for films and TV series. If you have a business mindset and an interest in entertainment – you will feel right at home!
If you are a problem-solving number cruncher who wants to work in a creative environment, apply today! We will review applications ongoing. We look forward to hearing from you!
About the company
SF Studios, founded in 1919, is one of the world’s oldest film companies and the leading film studio in the Nordic region. Its business includes production and distribution of feature films and TV series and the streaming platform SF Anytime. SF Studios has its head office in Stockholm, Sweden and subsidiaries in Oslo, Copenhagen, Helsinki and London, and is part of the leading Nordic media company Bonnier AB.