Do you want to work with one of the leading film distributors in the Nordics? We are now looking for a Distribution Accountant to join our Nordic finance team at SF Studios!
Our Nordic Finance team provides financial expertise to all our businesses and across all of SF Studios’ locations, from cash flow analysis and payments to budget and forecasting, accounting, reporting and business analyses. Our business area Distribution now needs a new Distribution Accountant to support both the Theatrical and Home Entertainment business. You will focus on accounting, financial controlling, reporting, monthly closing, payments, and Finance systems as well as manage internal and external contacts. You will have a key role and work closely with SF Studios’ business and finance team in Norway as well as the other Nordic countries.
In this role you will be responsible for several areas within accounting and financial controlling, with a focus on our Norwegian distribution business. More specifically, you will:
Accounting and financial controlling
- Financial controlling and accounting of SF Studios’ Norwegian distribution business that sells theatrical and home entertainment products to cinemas, retail and other B2B partners
- Finance support with day-to-day financial activities and provide adequate support for decision-making to the distribution team
- Oversee that daily accounting, customer billing and supplier invoices made both internal and by the external firm Cognizant is in line with SF Studios’ accounting principles and applicable laws
- Manage regular accounting, customer billing and accounts receivables including collection processes as well as handle supplier invoices, registers in work-flow system and manage cash flows
Monthly and annual closing processes
- Responsible for legal reporting of our distribution company in Norway (“SF Norge AS”)
- Perform timely month-end account reconciliations and other monthly closing activities and reporting in line with SF Studios’ accounting principles
- Ensure fulfillment with annual reporting processes and deadlines
Business processes, audits and projects
- Ensure that payment processes, internal or through Cognizant, follow SF Studios’ authorization rules and signatory policy
- Overall responsible for financial reporting to the Norwegian Film Institute, MEDIA, tax incentives etc.
- Responsible for audits for our distribution business and ensuring eligibility criteria of NFI support.
- Overall responsible for cashflow planning of the distribution company
- Superuser in Agresso, Aico and Palette including training and support to business colleagues
- Initiate process adjustments or projects that will improve the quality of financial statements and reporting.
You will be a key member of our Nordic Finance team and the position is based in Oslo. You will report to the Head of Financial Controlling based in Stockholm but also have a dotted line reporting to the Head of Theatrical Distribution in Norway.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have:
- A university degree in Finance or equivalent Finance work experience
- At least 5 years of accounting experience in a medium-sized company
- Experience in audit processes
- Experience from media, telecom or tech business
- Technical skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Beneficial if you have worked with Unit4, Aico and Palette
- Ability to prioritize and manage finance tasks in line with policies and practices
- Fluent in Norwegian and/or Swedish and English
As a person, it is important that you act as a proactive problem solver and aim for improvements within your area. You like to work in a fast-paced environment and view business transformation as something fun and exciting. You are service minded with a good analytical ability. We think you are happy to work high and low within finance to meet our common goals – as one of our values is to work together as one team, we help each other out when needed! Another value is bringing joy and we encourage a creative, fun and joyful working environment.
At SF Studios, we welcome applicants from all walks of life. You will work with highly engaged people with competencies ranging from movie production to finance and sales. We are diverse – but the one thing we all have in common is our passion for films and TV series. If you have a business mindset and an interest in entertainment – you will feel right at home! **
If you are a problem-solving number cruncher who wants to work in a creative environment, apply today! We will review applications ongoing. We look forward to hearing from you!
About the company
SF Studios, founded in 1919, is one of the world’s oldest film companies and the leading film studio in the Nordic region. Its business includes production and distribution of feature films and TV series and the streaming platform SF Anytime. SF Studios has its head office in Stockholm, Sweden and subsidiaries in Oslo, Copenhagen, Helsinki and London, and is part of the leading Nordic media company Bonnier AB.