Join our passionate Supply Chain Team in Stockholm as Project Purchasing Manager! In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will also play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
As Project Purchasing Manager you will be in charge of managing our Cylindrical and Prismatic Purchasing Projects for Northvolt AB and its subsidiaries, collaborating closely with our Strategic Purchasing Managers of each category of materials, Business Development, Process Engineering, Manufacturing (Västerås and Skellefteå factories), our valuable Customers, Cell Design for each product to develop, Automation, Quality, Logistics and Finance. The overall mission is to plan, organize, direct and manage the purchasing projects to meet the economic, leadtime, quality, capacity targets of the Northvolt projects and important customer targets.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, direct and manage the purchasing projects including sourcing plan development and validation, vendors selection together with strategic purchasing, material testing plan with R&D and Quality (for design of experiments), as well as equipment tests and commissioning plan, design changes during development and mass production phases.
- Monitor and manage the suppliers capacities, quality, economic objectives to achieve targets, with the support of strategic purchasing and supplier quality especially in case of quality or capacity issues.
- Build rost Road maps & achieve customers Targets (quality, cost, time).
- Align internal stakeholders (Business Development, Process Engineering, Cell Design, Automation, Quality, Logistics, Manufacturing, Finance) to timely achieve joint agreements and cost road maps, joint commitments and shared goals.
- Design and deploy project purchasing processes, milestones, reviews, reporting dashboards, aligned with Northvolt program management principles, Northvolt quality management system, and company strategy.
The person we are looking for has a natural talent of building relationships and make things happen. You will get the unique chance to have a real impact on our success story and you will see the direct result of your work.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
We believe that you have/are:
- A master degree in Engineering or Supply chain related field and 3-5 years experience as purchasing project management in the purchasing function from the automotive industry or battery field.
- Excellent English written and oral skills, German is a plus.
- Highly organized and result driven.
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management.
- A teamplayer but you can also work independently.
- Passionate & purpose driven.
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.