Do you have what it takes to enable the future of energy? Northvolt is right now looking for Battery Modelling and Aging Specialists join our team. You will be given the opportunity to develop advanced Li-ion battery simulation models as well as being a part of building the first European large-scale lithium-ion battery factory.
We are searching for specialists with experience in Li-ion battery sizing, degradation and ageing modelling. The expected competences include being experienced in understanding electrochemical and thermal battery characteristics as well as ability to incorporate metrics and test results of battery cell testing.
You have experience of working close to the hardware & prototypes of Li-ion batteries and have great knowledge of software programming and software architecture. Specifically, you have a deep understanding of working and cooperating with R&D, QA/QC, IT, Automation.
At Northvolt we all work tightly together with a low level of hierarchy, and we encourage different backgrounds and levels of experience. What we all have in common is that we are bold, passionate and in whatever area we are working in we do it with excellence. Do you have what it takes to be a part of our team?
· Be part of the team that develops, verifies and maintains the battery degradation models for Northvolt.
· Deliver advanced battery models with reliable performance lifetime/degradation prediction.
· Ensure connectivity and possibility to integrate complex online calculation and machine learning methods
· Develop and architect concepts for data analysing and feedback learnings into the Northvolt battery degradation models.
· Execute engineering tasks defined within projects in order to meet schedule, budget and specifications
· Be part of improvement projects, the agile development and change management process.
· Review, approve and ensure structured documentation of the battery models.
Safety, energy density and total cost of ownership are key drivers for optimizing a battery system which should be mastered and understood. It is an advantage to be familiar with international standards and modelling procedures commonly accepted in the Li-ion battery industry.
To be a part of this unique opportunity apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile. Please add to your application how you can contribute with your background to Northvolt and enable the future of energy.
We are building one of Europe's largest factories and want to work with a lot of talented people. This job ad does not have a last application date since we will be evaluating and recruiting continuously.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
· Master's or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Software Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
· Background and experience control theory including nonlinear filtering, estimation and machine learning.
· Deep knowledge and experience in algorithms and design optimization.
· Communication skills are important since information will be needed from several different parts of the department.
· Excellent in Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, RTOS (real time operating system), Java.
· +6 years of experience in state-of-the-art simulation modelling development within battery or related electrical/chemical industries.
· Excellent analytical skills, especially in understanding technical documentation and be able to translate this into quantitative models.
· Should be an expert in writing software code and be able to guide and coach other colleagues to write software code with correct procedures and change management.
· Excellent English written and oral skills
· Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
Your personal characteristics can be flexibility, quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humour. You are also passionate & purpose driven – you want to join us on the journey of enabling the future of energy!
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Wellness grant & Team Training Tuesdays
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!