Job title: Junior Editor – Igloo Adult Team
Reports to: Head of Adult Publishing
Working pattern: Flexible, remote working up to three days per week
Are you searching for an exciting entry-level editorial opportunity in the publishing industry? We have the perfect role for you! We’re looking for a junior editor to join our wonderful publishing team.
Based in rural Sywell in Northamptonshire, the successful candidate will be responsible for writing, editing and project managing a wide range of titles across the Adult publishing list, working on a number of different book formats from concept stage right through to publication.
This is THE perfect position for a candidate looking to get into the industry and fast-track their skills and experience, all while having a great time working with our friendly team on our brilliant books!
Write, edit and project manage a range of books within the Igloo Adult team, from initial concept stage through to print-ready files.
• Editorially develop and co-ordinate a range of books as briefed by the head of publishing
• Research, write, copy-edit, proofread and sign-off a wide range of products across a range of formats and novelties
• Ensure all files meet standards for editorial accuracy and quality during all stages, including final files, plotters and advances
• Ensure all books are produced to house style and fulfil the in-house brief
• Project-manage books in tandem with a publishing partner, making sure key milestones are kept and final files are supplied on time
• Brief, commission and co-ordinate 3rd-party contributors, including packagers, illustrators, authors and other freelance agents
• Problem solve and, if required, escalate challenges in good time, to allow schedules to be hit
Qualifications and Experience
• Excellent copy-editing and proofreading skills
• Very good communications skills – being able to communicate clearly and effectively is a key part of this role
• Very good organisational and planning skills
• Good feel for use of language appropriate to different readerships
• Good problem-solving skills
• A dynamic, proactive team player
Working with a team of passionate, talented people
Internal learning and development programmes
Career Development opportunities
Fun social events
At Bonnier Books UK, we believe that every book matters. We love to publish stories and content that open our eyes to new perspectives and bring us closer together. We offer a nurturing home for our authors, illustrators and brand partners, publishing bestselling books for readers and listeners everywhere. We know that fantastic stories can come from anywhere and our purpose is to bring them to as wide an audience as possible, a simple ethos that has led to us becoming one of the country’s leading publishers.
The offspring of Bonnier Books, a family-owned top-15 world publisher headquartered in Sweden, we are inspired by a rich literary heritage but not bound by convention. We think in generations rather than quarters, and strive always to operate in an open, curious way that contributes to the future of the planet and its people. As a climate-neutral publisher we are an active participant in the Science Based Target initiative, committed to a strategy to limit global warming to 1.5 °C.