Northvolt has an exciting job possibility for an engineer specialized in the field of Automation and Software.
You will be contributing within your area in building one of the first European battery factories which will play an important role in the design and development of the large-scale battery factories, which will help the transformation to a carbon free society.
You will be working in the Digital Blueprint team, designing and implementing a highly connected production process, realized though standardised interfaces, integration design, tooling, and an in-house developed edge platform. Your role will require you to work integrally with the Automation/Edge teams, MES development team and additionally with the Industrialisation and Factory Blueprint disciplines to ensure that the interfaces we provide enable the end user functionality required. You will therefore be contributing to an end-to-end digitalisation-automation system architecture design.
You will support the automation project teams that are integrating and commissioning these standardised digital factory designs. Part of this work is not only standardised systems but also standardised project processes which enable integration and commissioning tooling to accelerate factory integrations and report integration status to the PMO team.
In general, you have a long experience in the field and have been driving large, innovative and challenging automation projects with very high demand on accuracy and scale.
Specifically, with battery manufacturing processes being heterogeneous, you would have a broad range of experience across discrete and process industries and with different control system approaches (DCS/PLC/SCADA and Industry 4.0). You will leverage this experience in defining standardised execution control and traceability interfaces across different processes and systems.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participate in design workshops internally and with external suppliers
• Design distributed Industrial IT system architectures with vendor control systems and in-house developed layer 2 edge systems
• Author and review technical specifications, guideline documentation and test case suites for internal and external audiences
• Participate in setting global standards and the associated processes and strategies which disseminate and enforce these standards
• Defining and documenting interface contracts
• Defining and refining project integration processes
• Support automation project teams in the implementation of standardised systems and interfaces
• Participate in R&D activities for piloting of new technologies and their suitability to production environments
• Participate in education and knowledge transfer workshops
• Definition of control system coding standards and configuration management requirements
• Code review and test of other’s work as well as improving and defining code review practices
• Participate in design forums for collaborative design and user feedback for technical improvements and optimisation of integration processes
• Identify and interact with key automation solution suppliers
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Application and CV must be submitted in English.
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.