Norwegian Travel is one of the leading tourism companies in the country. As a part of our ambition to set the standard for activity-based tourism in Norway, our daughter company Arctic Train, is looking for guides for the winter season 2023/24.
Arctic Train transports you 43 kilometers through a desolate, wild and beautiful landscape along the Ofot line. The line stretches from Narvik in Nordland to Kiruna in Sweden and is Norway’s most northerly railway. From the ice-blue fjord in Narvik to the bare mountains in Sweden, there are several historical events that form a dramatic backdrop for the experience.
You have worked outdoors before; you are good at service and are motivated by the fact that guests have a good experience. You like working with people, and you're outgoing and sociable.
You enjoy a varied working day where everything is not necessarily planned. You have control over "everything", work structured and are good at having a lot of balls in the air. Your attitude that problems are to be solved is a great fit here with us. You always keep your cool under pressure, are happy, willing, and able to take charge and initiative when the unexpected happens and handle every challenge in a swift and expeditious manner with a reassuring smile on your face.
What we expect from you
• You should love to work with people, and you shouldn’t be shy of guiding and talking to our guests
• Good physical condition
• You should love the cold because in the winter temperatures can drop down to -30 C and we must take care of the tourists in all kinds of weather
• Language skills: English, German + any additional language skills are also highly welcome
• European driving License class B is a plus
• Photographer, especially night/northern light experience is highly appreciated
• A “yes-I-can-do-it”-attitude
• A laid-back and patient personality accompanied by a deep sense of responsibility
• High level of tolerance towards less than luxurious working and living conditions
• Guiding tourists – we have an experienced core staff that will teach you everything that you don’t yet know for the job, while also happy to learn from you and incorporate your knowledge into our routines
• Basic work clothing and equipment will be provided
• Seasonal contract from 01.10.23-30.03.24 with possibility of extension
• Competitive terms
• Exciting work with guests and staff from all over the world
• Adventure in lovely Narvik
• Great colleagues
Gjester og ansatte fra hele verden
Bærekraft og samfunnsansvar i fokus
En varierende arbeidshverdag
Exciting development opportunities
Guests and staff from all over the world
Focus on sustainability and social responsibility
Every working day is different
Norwegian Travel aims to deliver high-quality adventure-based tourism in selected destinations in Norway. The company is the owner of the core business, and in cooperation with complementary players, Norwegian Travel offers a wide range of activities and products. Together we have a significant portfolio and our goal is to offer a "one-stop-shop offer" with destinations, activities and accommodation for travelers to our destinations.
Norwegian Travel's ambition is to develop the best of the Norwegian travel industry and make activity tourism available in Norway. The company is currently represented in Kirkenes, Tromsø, Narvik and Romsdalen.