You will work in the Production Technology team for Upstream at Northvolt Labs, with the responsibility of running projects from conceptual design to start-up (for either precursor, calcination or utilities and waste-water treatment). Responsibility also includes capital expenditure estimation, project planning and request of quotation management (tenders with suppliers).
You will be the change management lead for the project you are responsible for.
The projects will be lead within the budget of the Operations team in Upstream Labs. Ideally, you have experience of driving projects in a continuous production &manufacturing environment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Project scope & deliverables definition – present to the operations management
the project scope, the timeline, and the project deliverables in a quantitative way.
• Budget management – estimate and manage the budget associated with the
project, from conceptual design (contingency up to ± 20%) to handover to Production Engineers, Maintenance and Operations and start-up.
• Engineering design, from conceptual to implementation – work closely with
Process design team, Maintenance, Production engineers, Manufacturing
technicians, shift managers and supplier to define the optimal design. If needed,
prepare P&IDs or Layouts to red mark the modification so that can be shared as
clearly as possible within the team and with suppliers.
• Tender & request of quotation management.
• Documentation update and contractors management.
• Regulations and standards implementation – make sure the projects comply with
HSE and quality standards (Seveso, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, Arbetsmiljöverket
• Developing & tracking KPIs for the projects.
Skills & Requirements:
• Master´s degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, material
engineering, industrial engineering or equivalent.
• 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment (chemical, food, paper & pulp, power generation plants), preferably in Sweden.
• Experience in project management & change management.
• Experience in engineering design & chemical processes (preferably experience with powder processing as well as liquid).
• Excellent English written and oral skills.
• Experience in operating standardized documents for manufacturing operation.
• Mobility availability (could be required to travel in other Northvolt facilities).
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.