We are looking for a Senior Data Modeler in Retail
based in Geneva
On our teams, everyone counts – and we want your unique way of thinking.
You bring the talent, and we’ll provide the rest!
You will deal with complex, interrelated applications and systems being designed for today's data platforms and will work with rapidly evolving technologies and internal/external stakeholders to analyze and define unique and innovative solutions for achieving strategic business goals.
Your Key Responsibilities.
- Analyzing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models
- Working on translating business needs into business objects and designing relational and modular, SQL first data models; defining data strategies and developing physical models, working with the development team on design, implementation, and deployment of data flows
- Reviewing modifications of existing systems for cross-compatibility
- Developing best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency
- Troubleshooting and optimizing data systems
- Optimizing models and implementing best practices for scale and growth
- Aligning models with latest governance and data security policies
What we expect from you.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, information technology, or data modeling
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with physical and relational data modeling
- Strong hands-on SQL experience
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools
- Knowledge of ER modeling, big data, enterprise data, and physical data models
- Familiarity with data modeling software such as DBT (preferred), SAP PowerDesigner, Microsoft Visio, or erwin Data Modeler
- ERP and retail data experience is a plus
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment
What you can expect.
We offer an open and people-driven work environment. We offer opportunities to grow and enable you to shape the future you want. We strive to create a sustainable and human-centric working environment and, in addition to the contractually agreed remuneration, we offer other attractive extras with our Capgemini benefits.
- Flexible working hours - autonomy regarding when to start and stop work
- Hybrid working model long term - freedom to choose remote work for 25-70% of working time
- 5 weeks of vacations – at least 25 days of vacation each year
- Employee referral bonus - 3’000-6’000 CHF of financial rewards for recommending job candidates
- Company shares program - preferential terms for investing in the Capgemini's shares, with 100% guaranteed recover of investment
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Performance-based recognition and progression system
Interested? We should talk!
Take your chance and apply!